Unknown app in notification+actions

nuaman bukhari

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I saw this unknown app in notification+actions. Is this virus and can this be removed? And very recently my tiles on start screen appear late as I scroll up or down. I think this unknown may be the reason. And I have never e encountered such application before.
Any idea?

Cheers.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20141220_0001.png
    wp_ss_20141220_0001.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 5

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I saw this unknown app in notification+actions. Is this virus and can this be removed? And very recently my tiles on start screen appear late as I scroll up or down. I think this unknown may be the reason. And I have never e encountered such application before.
Any idea?

Cheers.

Have you recently uninstalled an app? I have experienced this in my phone right after uninstalling an app. However, it should disappear after a while. The lag you are experiencing could also be post-un-installation clean-up processes running in the further background of tasks (further back in the background than the background tasks that can be customized in the settings).

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes I have uninstalled one game app..
And how can I customized in the setting that you are saying?

The customized settings I'm referring to is under Settings > battery saver > swipe to "usage". Here you can select which apps are allowed to run in the background. However, the background post-uninstallation processes run further background and cannot be customized since these are at the OS level (as opposed to app level).

You could restart your phone if you want to immediately get rid of that registry-key-looking piece of text from your notification settings.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
It's the GUID of an app incorrectly installed/uninstalled. Check settings or your app list to see if you can find something similar to it, like a string of numbers

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Well in that case, wait for the app to be cleared from that list automatically but I highly doubt that would happen. I once had the extras+info update gone bad. I couldn't uninstall it because it showed the GUID in the settings and applist. I didn't have much choice but to hard reset

nuaman bukhari

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Hard reset.... ????
No I won't... Let it be then...
Now and then I had to reset my phone and that wastes my tim.... I am waiting waiting for denim update, by which I hope this will be removed...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro