Update 8.10.14157.200 causing problems on my 1520

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Apparently, CYAN update has been pulled by MS from Lumia with DP8.1. And I do not wish to go thru the hassle & nitty-gritty of using the NSRT.
Anyway, the issues are bearable for me as the frequency of occurrence has kind of dissipated somewhat for reasons unbeknown to me. Maybe the several soft resets I done helps.
Thanks!

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I also have a lumia 1520. Just did the update 1 for 8.1 update because it flashed as a toast notification on my phone. The installation took relatively long, and during the initial backup recovery it rebooted about two times automatically before completing the backup update. I did not experience this during the preview installation of 8.1.
After windows phone is started up I have to enter my pincode twice? I'm sure this is a bug, because I did not have this in 8.0 or 8.1.
The last worrisome bug I've encountered, is that I can not turn off my phone. When I do this it automatically reboots.
So I can confirm that update 8.10.14157.200 does have serious stabiity and bug issues.

Jarek Tabor1

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I had CYAN updated.
I tried for few days all methods of keys, connection to charger, computer. Nada. Phone is dead.
After removal of microSD and sim card, I connected to Nokia Software Recovery Tool. It does not boot phone. When connected, it says it does not recognize phone. Nothing happens then.
Any ideas how to solve problem? I tried to remove USB driver and restart. Nothing helps...
In principle - phone is bricked and not recoverable...

Chi28n2k

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Please use only Commercial OS with correct or required firmware if u are a Normal User. If u are a developer fo for it.
The 8.1 DP was highly advertised, as a way for people who were not going to get timely OS upgrades and updates, to do so. It's not helpful to, as a random person, come back and tell a non-dev, that they shouldn't have DL'd the update. Lots did. It wasn't beta software. It was RTM/final release non-firmware optimized. The problem is, that MS is holding the cyan upgrade hostage, because Corporate IT pros, who should know better, won't halt THEIR users upgrades, and stop them from experiencing the Bitlocker issue. We don't have to experience the issues we are having, if Ms would just release the update for DP users. We had legitimate need for the new features, and were PROMISED an easy upgrade path when the cyan fw became available. So, any suggestion that we should not have gotten the DP, is of base.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I had CYAN updated.
I tried for few days all methods of keys, connection to charger, computer. Nada. Phone is dead.
After removal of microSD and sim card, I connected to Nokia Software Recovery Tool. It does not boot phone. When connected, it says it does not recognize phone. Nothing happens then.
Any ideas how to solve problem? I tried to remove USB driver and restart. Nothing helps...
In principle - phone is bricked and not recoverable...

hard reset?

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
I have been experiencing reboots, and today had my first freeze up. Also my lock screen calendar has been showing the wrong info too. Hopefully MS can release an update to squash these bugs soon.

Jarek Tabor1

May 30, 2014
Visit site
No-go. Phone is not reactive in any kind of way, neither not recognized by Nokia Recovery Tool, which performs hard reset and restores to factory settings.
I cannot make any activity sign, it is physically brick at the moment...
If you have any idea how can I start hard reset in any way - please tell :)

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, thread starter here. Just my luck, my 1520 did an unintended "perfect 10" somersault on Sunday night.... so th 14157 update is no longer a problem for me at the moment !!!

2014_0824_2307_25.jpg2014_0824_2307_46.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria