Updates/New News from Negri Electronics for the 920 With AWS Supporting Bands?

sugarsmax321

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
There's been a lot of downer posts regarding the backorder, so I thought I'd share my thoughts.
I'm currently off contract with my current phone. I preordered an unlocked 920 from Negri back in the end of October/ very beginning of November. I'm still waiting for word on a delivery date.
I'll wait as long as I have to- the phone is worth it; Negri is a reputable company, and I know the phone is built to last. I'm fortunate enough that my current phone still works very well, and while not having my 920 yet is frustrating, I know in the long term it'll be worth it.
The plus side of the wait is I get to read posts from current users who are identifying issues to watch out for when I get mine.I learn about apps that are great, and ones that are garbage. I see how others are making the most of their phone, passing along tips and advice I may not have thought or known about prior.
Negri's return policy is a very generous 30 days, which gives me plenty of time to test it out and address any issues that arise. I appreciate their presence in the forums. I know they take the time to address concerns regarding their business. As a former business owner, that means something to me.Many businesses never respond at all.
Those of you who went through AT&T are so lucky to have your phones already! I'm so glad to hear how much everyone is enjoying theirs, and I'm looking forward to when I receive mine.

nMIK-3

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey negri,

What is the build date of the Rogers Lumia 920 you have in stock?
46/2012 | 47/2012 earlier, more recent or other?

Thanks

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey negri,

What is the build date of the Rogers Lumia 920 you have in stock?
46/2012 | 47/2012 earlier, more recent or other?

Thanks

I second this. What is the batch number you received for the Unlocked Rogers Black Lumia 920? Also, this might have been asked once or twice before, but is there a Roger's Carrier logo ON the phone? I know that the Rogers logo will come up on the screen when the phone turns on and boots up but I'm wondering about a logo directly on the phone.

I also want to take a quick second to say that I do appreciate Negri Electronics for replying and answering the many questions we all have. Customer support so far seems to be great. A huge plus for us diehard gadget people. Thanks a bunch!

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I second this. What is the batch number you received for the Unlocked Rogers Black Lumia 920? Also, this might have been asked once or twice before, but is there a Roger's Carrier logo ON the phone? I know that the Rogers logo will come up on the screen when the phone turns on and boots up but I'm wondering about a logo directly on the phone.

I also want to take a quick second to say that I do appreciate Negri Electronics for replying and answering the many questions we all have. Customer support so far seems to be great. A huge plus for us diehard gadget people. Thanks a bunch!
FYI, they have it in stock now. Sadly I had to reorder mine again as the payment was expired through PayPal. Anyway, try to order it if you guys have a chance and need it. As they have it unlocked right now, there is no need to know what batch number or what the date the phone was built as they might use something different route to get it unlocked. There is no logo in the front of the phone as opposed to the AT&T. You can search for the Rogers Lumia 920 review on Youtube and you will see. I think what they are saying is the logo when you first boot the device. That splash screen can be replace easily once we have custom ROMs for the 920.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Yodies, so is the AT&T red 920 off contract is unlocked or locked?
If locked, how will it work on Straight Talk?
I understand that ST uses AT&T towers but its a separate MNVO..Kind of confused.
thanks

The VMNO (Virtual Mobile Network Operator) piggybacks off AT&T's towers. That is what enables the locked device to function. It only blocks signals from towers from other companies. For example, the Lumia 920 in the UK. Locked to EE (Orange/T-Mobile). Virgin Mobile piggybacks off EE. So the Lumia 920 will work on that. Three however, has its own towers, so doesn't simply piggyback off another company. Therefore the lock is able to block this. It might be to do with small subtleties in the frequencies.

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
You end paying more for reorder the phone? I place my order on nov 11th and by now the paypal payment is expired.
They did offer me $10 off, so it not bad at all, but I think they should notify people about the expired so that they could reorder it again. In my case, when I saw the tweet that they said it was in stock, I asked the CS guy to check it and it turned out like that, I did reorder again and I am so happy that they processed it so fast as they already shipped out the device. Not really a bad day for me. If I had seen it late, I would freaking slam at their door because I supposed to be on the list that should be out today, not next batch if it was the case.

TaichiSurface

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
wait, so can credit card authorization expire too? i mean i placed the order on nov 2nd....so if it expired and yellow lumia international arrives then i'm screwed and i did e-mail them and they said you cannot switch credit card. If u want to switch u basically have to reorder again

projek

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Only had the option to buy by paypal o google. They never sent any email if they cancel your order or if there is any problem with it. They need to have better communication with the customer. If I reorder the phone again, i'm going to pay 80 more bucks since the first order, its a good business for them.

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
wait, so can credit card authorization expire too? i mean i placed the order on nov 2nd....so if it expired and yellow lumia international arrives then i'm screwed and i did e-mail them and they said you cannot switch credit card. If u want to switch u basically have to reorder again
If you placed your order with PayPal, then it would expired after one month. I think it is PayPal policy and Negri cannot do anything to it, only you need to reorder it again. When they ship something one, basically you cannot change the information anymore. It happens all the time with those online shopping store as once they ship the order, either you return it, refund and get another or don't accept it.

Only had the option to buy by paypal o google. They never sent any email if they cancel your order or if there is any problem with it. They need to have better communication with the customer. If I reorder the phone again, i'm going to pay 80 more bucks since the first order, its a good business for them.
I agree that they need to improve the communication a little bit. If you feel not fair, you should contact them and ask if they can refund or give you any coupon to reduce the new price. They need customer more than we need them and they will do anything to please customer. Hope you will receive the device soon because it ran out and they will restock it later.

projek

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Already spoke with customer service the first time. They told me that its not their policy to send emails for cancellations or any problem with the transactions. When I asked them that I was going to pay more for the phone at that moment, the guy told me that it was only a preorder and that when they have the phone, negri send and email for confirmation with the real price (that could be more than the price showed in the webpage).

nMIK-3

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
The reason I want to check on the build number is because the first builds had some design flaws reported.
One of them, especially for the black color was that the buttons light up in light yellow color instead of pure white.

That was noticed in both the AT&T and Rogers variants and people are reporting the latest builds are not suffering from this problem.

negrielectronics

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey All. Negri here.

We have to admit - this is one of the smarter forums we have seen. Props to it and to the members. You basically answer each others questions correctly before we get a chance to. Well done.

Let's address the Paypal issue first.

Paypal's authorization on your credit card actually expires 30 days from the order. We are working vigorously to get this extended for us. The problem is not that the authorization expires, it's that we are not notified when it does. In order to properly account for expired authorizations we need to set up an internal script to verify the data and alert us. This is dating longer than expected and we hope that Paypal will come through sooner so that it doesn't have even have to be built.

We do contact you as soon as we are aware that the authorization has expired. And you would never lose your place in the pre-order line for something of this nature. So do not feel as though we do this purposely to either gain more money or move higher paying customers in front of you - because we don't.

We are constantly working to improve and with your help and feedback we can make sure it's in the right direction. Please send any suggestions to feedback@negrielectronics.com. This will help us make sure we are doing the right thing - for you - our customers.

(As far as the build of the Lumia 920 - they are all gone, so there is no way to check. Certainly someone from this forum ordered one and should be receiving it today or Monday).

- Negri Electronics

nMIK-3

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey All. Negri here.

(As far as the build of the Lumia 920 - they are all gone, so there is no way to check. Certainly someone from this forum ordered one and should be receiving it today or Monday).

- Negri Electronics

So do you guys estimate to have new stock this month?
Or next year is the next availability for the Rogers model?

TaichiSurface

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
is yellow lumia 920 international edition coming this year at all? I mean it's almost end of december or can we expect to receive our phones in early january?

negrielectronics

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
is yellow lumia 920 international edition coming this year at all? I mean it's almost end of december or can we expect to receive our phones in early january?

We were expecting them last week. However, there is no update - and it's doubtful they will arrive this year. Nokia held back on the other colors and we are unsure why. It's just making things worse for them.

- NE

nMIK-3

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Not 100% sure. Working on having them in by next week Friday the 21st. Sorry we don't know more at this time.
Thanks for the reply. Hopefully you guys manage to have more next week. And most likely will be the latest builds.

My final question. Since you unlock the devices yourself, I personally came to a situation in the past that a friend's unlocked Nokia Phone, locked again after a firmware update and required the same unlock code to re-unlock it. Assuming that we come in a similar situation in the future (hopefully this never happens) is the unlock codes available from Negri?? Do you store them somewhere, or even better do you included them in the package so we can have future access to them if needed?

Thanks again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)