Updating Elite Lap dock firmware

chenryhen

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Not sure where else to put this, and the HP support forum has been a dead end…

Does anyone know if there's any other way to update the lap dock's firmware without an Elite x3 phone? I got one to use with my Lumia 950 (which has been just fine for how I use it at home), but I really would like to get the touchpad improvements.

chenryhen

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
For anyone interested, the answer from the Microsoft store seems to be "Buy an Elite x3, upgrade your firmware, then return the phone" :D

Anamnesis

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Well that is helpful... Given that the lap dock has an app (HP Lap Dock Settings) I wonder if there is a way you could side load it onto a Lumia? I have a 950 and an x3, but I prefer the lumia and don't really want to keep the x3 just for the sake of firmware updates....

flint_ryan

Sep 16, 2017
Visit site
Well that is helpful... Given that the lap dock has an app (HP Lap Dock Settings) I wonder if there is a way you could side load it onto a Lumia? I have a 950 and an x3, but I prefer the lumia and don't really want to keep the x3 just for the sake of firmware updates....

I believe that the "HP Lap Dock Wireless Settings" app can only update the _wireless_ firmware on the HP Lap Dock. It seems like the machine is split into two parts: wired and wireless. So even if it could be side-loaded onto a Lumia 950 somehow, I don't think it would update the main Lap Dock firmware.

Flint

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered a lapdock to use with my 950xl and am wondering the same thing. I see that the "HP Lap Dock Settings" app is comparable with pc. Have you tried downloading it to a pc and using that connection to update the dock? My lapdock arrives tomorrow I'll give it a shot then if it's not already updated.

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Tried to download the app to my ThinkPad P50 - no luck the windows store says my ThinkPad isn't a compatible device :/ anyone else have better luck?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte