uploading to facebook much worse and slower after cyan update.

Cameron Todd

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi just wondering if anyone has noticed this. Prior to the Cyan update the uploading from camera roll or just after a pic was very fast. Now it opens the Facebook page when you upload and if you leave the page it stops uploading.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I've notice the same issue!!!! I've sent a tweet to Joe Belfiore but he didn't get back to me. Are you using the official facebook or facebook beta? They should of made the same process as for videos. Now with the pictures, you need to keep the page alive and not lock your phone because of you so, then it crashes the upload.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I've notice the same issue!!!! I've sent a tweet to Joe Belfiore but he didn't get back to me. Are you using the official facebook or facebook beta? They should of made the same process as for videos. Now with the pictures, you need to keep the page alive and not lock your phone because of you so, then it crashes the upload.

And that's why Windows Phone is still not a true multitasking mobile OS like Android. Lots of apps out there require to be the active app in order to continue with what they are doing, even under the lock screen! That's really bad.... And because of this, I cannot download manga while continue to use the phone for other purposes. Wonder when MS going to fix that.

jlp34876

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I think its slow because it does not resize the picture. as for the background upload I didnt know MS FB is capable of doing that.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Well if you upload a video to Facebook, you will get a notification about this task doing it. You can then go into another app... Lock your phone, etc. Once the video had been uploaded, you will get another notification saying that it did upload.... If I'm not mistaken.

This should work the same way for photos but it doesn't.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss