Using the Idol 4s with W10M on AT&T?

Partha Goswami1

Jan 20, 2018
Visit site
Re: Using the Idol 4s with W10M on AT&T?

Were you able to revert back all your changes? I bet you have a point on the HW being different, maybe in antenna configuration or possibly even the SIM card module (if it is seperate) could be different. Then again it could just be disabled (EU LTE bands) at the SOC level too.

yes I revert back all my changes i can remember its something happned like sudden sound while booting EU rom 1st time maybe due mis hardware speaker got burnt ?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

i flash back original FUU and all are fine except the ear speaker hardware issue

I had that happen more than once on this device. So it is nothing particularly related to what you did. You can get a repalcement from Alcatel if you want but risk them messing up and sending you a sim locked unit, which we have stories about that here in the threads...

Partha Goswami1

Jan 20, 2018
Visit site

I had that happen more than once on this device. So it is nothing particularly related to what you did. You can get a repalcement from Alcatel if you want but risk them messing up and sending you a sim locked unit, which we have stories about that here in the threads...

humm, let me see i am out of US now i get locally replaced that speaker at $5 i will update you maybe in 1-2 days it will done

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

So your goal was to get LTE and or VoLTE in India right? Is the IDOL 4 PRO (EU Model) still over 200.00?

Partha Goswami1

Jan 20, 2018
Visit site

So your goal was to get LTE and or VoLTE in India right? Is the IDOL 4 PRO (EU Model) still over 200.00?

yes only network here offer LTE at band 5 but that provider donot have CFSB technology they only use volte for making calls others provider provide LTE with CFSB technolongy but at LTE Band 3 , 40 and 41
IDOL 4 PRO is £419.99 still

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

yes only network here offer LTE at band 5 but that provider donot have CFSB technology they only use volte for making calls others provider provide LTE with CFSB technolongy but at LTE Band 3 , 40 and 41
IDOL 4 PRO is £419.99 still

Wow still priced high.

Am wondering if even you can replace the antenna board or maybe if you had to the entire logic board with that of the model you need to get reception on the right network there.

I can open up my IDOL 4s since it is semi bricked anyway, and let you know what I see and I can compare it to that of the EU model if I find pictures or a video of the internals.

Partha Goswami1

Jan 20, 2018
Visit site

Wow still priced high.

Am wondering if even you can replace the antenna board or maybe if you had to the entire logic board with that of the model you need to get reception on the right network there.

I can open up my IDOL 4s since it is semi bricked anyway, and let you know what I see and I can compare it to that of the EU model if I find pictures or a video of the internals.

humm would be costly i get 1.4/gb 3g/4g data + unlimited call + roaming at $3 per month

Partha Goswami1

Jan 20, 2018
Visit site

Wow still priced high.

thanks nate for help. i was thinking if there is any hack to enable to common VOLTE like Android, i mean any carrier VOLTE will work without issue like that, and it would be good

livin_raj

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

Thank you Mr Goswami,

I am sorry for the late reply, as i was out of town few days.

Once i receive the phone next week, I will check if LTE works on any carrier or i will just use data on JIO as a backup phone.

Which city are you from? Most of the carriers in India support LTE bands 3, 5 and 40.

Partha Goswami1

Jan 20, 2018
Visit site

Thank you Mr Goswami,

I am sorry for the late reply, as i was out of town few days.

Once i receive the phone next week, I will check if LTE works on any carrier or i will just use data on JIO as a backup phone.

Which city are you from? Most of the carriers in India support LTE bands 3, 5 and 40.

I am from delhi, BAND 3 and 40 are not supported by this phone and Band 5 is only support by JIO

Partha Goswami1

Jan 20, 2018
Visit site

@nate,

i run software update and installing updates causing me Top speaker burn i am not sure why last time i could able to hear voice on call now today i update software through software update and it create strange sound and i can not hear anything on call now But if i put it on speaker i can hear with blown /hazard sound donot know whats happening please help

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

It's a known issue. Many have had this problem and continue to have it. But it's random. You can search the idol 4s forum and find details. Some people never experience the blown speaker though, it's odd. Only option is to replace it yourself or send it for RMA.

Partha Goswami1

Jan 20, 2018
Visit site

It's a known issue. Many have had this problem and continue to have it. But it's random. You can search the idol 4s forum and find details. Some people never experience the blown speaker though, it's odd. Only option is to replace it yourself or send it for RMA.

I only need to replace Ear speaker right?

Partha Goswami1

Jan 20, 2018
Visit site

only speaker replace will work or have some issue with board?

livin_raj

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

Did you try using Vodafone sim card, as they have launched VOLTE service in Delhi, Mumbai and Gujarat.

I dont know if it is on the same LTE band.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6