W10M Insider Preview 14342 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitiniit

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14342 Issues (Redstone branch)

Using lumia 830. I had accidentally update to latest version (yes it was really accidental ).
And got stuck on logo screen for long. Tried soft reset but no luck.
than waited for 1 hr and nothing has changed. I just decided to use WDRT but though to give another try to soft reset and bingo it worked.
:)
So keep patient

davebwi

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

On this latest build, my battery life has been very poor. I have woken up to a dead battery every morning so far. Lumia 950.
I had similar Issue with my Lumia 950, What I did was "RESET" and then DO NOT RESTORE.. I know its a bummer to have to re install your programs , BUT I now have 90% battery left after overnight..

Dirigent82

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Standby battery life seems to be pretty adequate for me on my L950 (AT&T). However, it seems to drain more quickly than it should while in use, especially using the Messaging app quite a bit to send and receive SMS/MMS. That can make it warm up a little bit. I text a fair amount and it uses up battery.

GEO147

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site

I had similar Issue with my Lumia 950, What I did was "RESET" and then DO NOT RESTORE.. I know its a bummer to have to re install your programs , BUT I now have 90% battery left after overnight..

The 950 doesn't have the same serious battery issues on this build as other handsets like the 930 etc. So that may not work for everyone.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

I always reset and start fresh on each build, I really don't mind it :). Unfortunately my battery life is still awful.

asarekena

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site

How do i stop the camera app from flickering when recording a video. Is anybody facing that problem? or its me alone. Any suggestions and advice are gratefully welcomed. Thanks.

ArjanNL

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Same heating problems on my L930 with this build. The fastest way to solve this is to disable mobile data.
Yes.. no internet outside your house..(wifi still works) at least i don't need to charge my phone every 4 hours. When i need internet when without WIFI I switch on the mobile data, and later off again.

Hoping next build comes this week

p.ashton

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site

My Lumia 830 isn't a pocket warmer anymore, but the battery life is still unacceptable. I've also started seeing problems with notifications on the glance screen and meeting alerts reappearing after they've been dismissed. With build 14342 now on the slow ring too, I guess I'll be stepping back to the production ring for a while.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Crap build all round this one. Had loads of issues on my L950, did a hard reset, got new and different issues. The brightness issue being the main one, though the workaround mentioned above gets around it for now. Battery life still poor though.

Changaizee

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site

This build has been worse one for this years all builds, my L1520 heats too much to a point that i can barely hold it, i had to plug in headphones to talk as it started to hurt keeping the phone near ny face... im thinking of going back to the slow ring until next build hits the fast ring and hopefuly that wil solve this issue. Glance is very slow too,

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

What are the major differences if any between the general official release and the fast-ring Redstone release? Think I've finally had enough of the preview versions now, but want to know if I might be letting myself in for more issue by going backwards. I'm running a L950.

Thanks.

Hey speccy, some of he apps that might be affected going back to a previous build:

Maps: this is the app that pushed me over the edge to go with the inside program to begin with.
Edge: Swipe to go to a previous page.
Store: new look.

The only biggie for me from the above list would be Maps App, but I have been pretty fortunate with the last few builds, 950XL lasts long enough for my needs (I still travel with a Car Charger, Fast Charger, and 2-External Battery Supplies), Phone runs Cool, usability has been very good.

Only things that "I notice" that are not working correctly are:
- Glance; it does not show the time and notifications most of the time when I pick up the phone.
- my Camera Click, and Screen off sounds are some kinda funky most of the time.
- Sometimes I will get a hiccup, but preforming a soft reset (or more), or giving it a day or two, seems to allow the phone to right it's self in most cases; for me anyway.

sperry1625

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site

I feel your pain. The builds have been getting worse not better. It feels like a half-assed effort to create stable and functional builds. The OS overall is unresponsive, apps hang, crash for no apparent reason. Battery life is poor. How about getting us a build with core functions working properly and rock solid. Then build on that. My WiFi drops for no reason, have to turn off/on to get it working. Bluetooth is spotty. Come on MS get of your *** and get this stuff fixed.

mortici

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

Seems there is a rouge process or something happening that is causing a process to just hammer the CPU at 30-35% constantly. Draining the battery and heating up the phone.

svchost.exe is the process running under user: <devicename>\WPNONETWORK

r3CKyVK.png

Can't upload the ETL log since its like 250MB, but haven't been able to pin point why.

Happens on both my 735 and ICON. Only way I get to silence the process is to turn on airplane mode, which usually will stop it from churning.

But that is not practical, also turning on WiFi/BT/Location/NFC in airplane mode doesn't seem to kick the process up, might be related to cellular data/SIM maybe? if I remove the SIM card no heating or CPU usage, put SIM card back in and toaster mode activates....

4Reload

May 18, 2016
Visit site

Did some testing and turning off mobile data seems to stop the battery drain on my L930

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Did anyone tested a temporary swithch to Production Ring? It should stop completely telemetry and testing code (I guess)

My 650 haven't any iussue (except I hate new Glance)

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

And for today's brand new issue (for me at least), is that I took a photo, went back to the start-screen, clicked the photo tile to view the pictures I had just taken, screen went completely black aside from the on-screen nav-bar keys, it sat there for unresponsive for about a minute then rebooted itself. After the reboot, the particular photo I wanted was actually there, small positive in a sea of negatives.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigorplux