W10M User Reviews and Impressions!

Don N1

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
So I travel a lot and on my last trip to the US to get things we need I tried to replace my Wife's Nokia 1020 with something that they are allowing windows 10 to run on (don't even get me started on that). So anyway I was in a very big and populated city in southern California and guess what... Out of all the stores everywhere no windows phones anywhere... The Microsoft store had only one, and it was dang near a thousand bucks. I mean not even "Fry's Electronics" giant electronic superstore...

I have been with Microsoft since windows came out and dirt was new, I have been following all these trends for a very long time and my impression of windows mobile is "Baffled"... Every windows phone I have had has had great hardware, but the app support has been scanty. And I realize that the whole app thing has been to try and break into the "iMarket" and the Droid minded people, but the reason your people liked the idea of Microsoft getting into phones was so that Windows level of user control could come with you. Instead it seems as if you are trying to beat "iMarket" at their own game, big mistake, people are tired of being railroaded, if you want more customers then focus on making what you already have better, and making your current customers happy (happy customers is the best "long game" advertising you can get). Every time you guys get something good to stop making it before it has a chance to succeed. Also if you want to bring new users to the market you have to make it worth their while by producing an affordable model with all the bells and whistles until you get into the market "happy zone".

I am not the only one who has gotten the impression that there is no stability and that you abandon support for existing models like the 1020 of which by the way both my wife and daughter own and which are useless for us because you quit developing windows 10 for it. Trying to replace them was impossible on a 3 day trip.

My point is that people are frustrated by all this. Ignore the internet trolls and work the real problems. Your customers have needs therefore they are your needs...

Your current customers need from you:
Stability
Support
Endurance

New customers need from you:
Stability
Support
Endurance
Affordability (make it worth their while to take a chance)

I know this wont be received well by all, so please try and keep negative comments to a minimum. Remember ignore the internet trolls and "counter-marketing" plants out there, the world we live in has gotten complex with underhanded internet marketing strategies involving trolls spreading "bull"-ony making good products seem bad. You have to endur through that and let your products have a chance to speak for themselves, and get developers happy with you too, your gonna have to make it easier for them.

Thanks for your virtual ear, I do like Microsoft, like many others do, you just need to make us feel like you like us too. lol

davede

May 29, 2016
Visit site
I would like to see Messages app that will enable me to add services like messenger, whatsapp, etc. The same feature was in MeeGo Harmattan that I loved so much. It would be great idea to see all messages in one place without any additional apps like sh**y Facebook Messenger, etc.

Accounts-home.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria