Want to be a developer for Windows, don't know where to start

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I just finished high school, have plenty of time before going to college and I want to develop on free time but don't know where to start.
I've been a Windows fan since I got my 720 (2years ago), and I have never write any line of code :\

thank you in advanced!

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Learning software development is rather non-trivial but some people have a knack for it. I would try to take a class of some sort that forces you through various assignments. If you find you're getting excited, feeling creative and full of ideas you probably have what it takes :). I've never seen anyone that got into it for making money as being any good.

When I first started out I think it was easier then than now. You had far less you could do and didn't have to worry so much about frameworks, design methodologies and user experience.

Visual Studio is a fantastic IDE.

KarmaEcrivain94

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
1. Find motivation
2. Go here http://dev.windows.com/
3. Follow instructions to download Visual Studio 2015 + the win10 SDK. While it is downloading, go to channel9.msdn.com and watch tons of videos about developping for windows.
4. Create a new project
5. Start messing around
6. Try and understand the basic concepts, such as what xaml controls are, the difference between the interface (.xaml) and actual code (.cs), how xaml interacts with C# with events, etc...
6. Set yourself a simple goal, such as creating an app that displays "Hello to you too!" When you type in "Hi".

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster