WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Thank you. Lol.
I'm on the fence on what I should do about this (hence my deletion lol).

I'll rather not buy a phone because I don't want to deal with selling.
The phone rings don't work with car mounts, but the Popsockets might be able to but it's not guaranteed with my mount.
Good luck with that.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Good luck with that.

Thank you, I'll need it. The information on the S10e so far seems like it could be interesting (more so because of what it seems to be and the size), so I can wait on taking action here. Also trying to avoid regrets here so there's that too.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Thank you, I'll need it. The information on the S10e so far seems like it could be interesting (more so because of what it seems to be and the size), so I can wait on taking action here. Also trying to avoid regrets here so there's that too.
Call me when it gets exciting. Otherwise, I'll sleep through the Samsung announcement.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I used to look forward to MWC. Ever since 2016, it's felt like a snores fest. Maybe I've gotten to jade, who knows. I'm half curious to see how LG will plan to get it their own way this year. We will see what HTC will yell in the corner to announce and how Sony will somehow make their IFA announcements obsolete. I must say, I do like that XZ3.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Call me when it gets exciting. Otherwise, I'll sleep through the Samsung announcement.
Haha, I'm in agreement with you. It's really only interesting because it is a possible small phone and it's the first time in a while this was a thing.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I used to look forward to MWC. Ever since 2016, it's felt like a snores fest. Maybe I've gotten to jade, who knows. I'm half curious to see how LG will plan to get it their own way this year. We will see what HTC will yell in the corner to announce and how Sony will somehow make their IFA announcements obsolete. I must say, I do like that XZ3.
Is Nokia planning to unveil their phone or are doing that later this year?

I haven't been paying attention.

Sony apparently isn't releasing a compact version this time but may go the ultra route if my memory is correct.

Anyway I'll wait and see what gets announced and look over things then.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Is Nokia planning to unveil their phone or are doing that later this year?

I haven't been paying attention.

Sony apparently isn't releasing a compact version this time but may go the ultra route if my memory is correct.

Anyway I'll wait and see what gets announced and look over things then.
I haven't followed the MWC rumours this year, so I'm unsure about anything new, whether rumoured to be small or large.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I haven't followed the MWC rumours this year, so I'm unsure about anything new, whether rumoured to be small or large.
I couldn't find the article I read about it so I could be wrong.

Tech radar has leaks of a compact version which they dubbed 'ugly'. So if true that's not a good thing.

I guess we'll see.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Why is it that once you start working you start getting more and more offers for work? I haven't even updated my LinkedIn profile yet...

Latest contact is a 15 minutes walk from my current company. I get the feeling they want to meet. It's the engineering manager from the company.

Not something that unusual for me...

It's a good networking opportunity.

Just not sure about the current company I'm working for. People are nice the work is a bit dull and the way my department (not sure it's the whole company) works is a bit old fashioned. Which is frustrating.

Don't want to bail right away though.

Last edited:

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

I couldn't find the article I read about it so I could be wrong.

Tech radar has leaks of a compact version which they dubbed 'ugly'. So if true that's not a good thing.

I guess we'll see.

I'm not too keen on the multi-camera setup of the 9, it looks fussy and a bit of a over kill... I put off buying an android for ages. Had my eye on the 7plus. Six months is an eternity in mobile, my eyes has wandered towards the 8.1plus... I'm all for avoiding flagships, and staying within my budget.. I guess my priorities has changed. Haha

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I'm not too keen on the multi-camera setup of the 9, it looks fussy and a bit of a over kill... I put off buying an android for ages. Had my eye on the 7plus. Six months is an eternity in mobile, my eyes has wandered towards the 8.1plus... I'm all for avoiding flagships, and staying within my budget.. I guess my priorities has changed. Haha
I completely understand what you're saying. I'm still using an LG V20, which I bought when the V30 was already released. It still works great for my usage so I have no desire to upgrade at this time.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Multi cameras seem to be the in thing at the moment.

I'm only interested because my XZ is starting to show it's age, mainly with the battery.

No idea what I want but I won't get the latest and greatest. Way too expensive.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Multi cameras seem to be the in thing at the moment.

I'm only interested because my XZ is starting to show it's age, mainly with the battery.

No idea what I want but I won't get the latest and greatest. Way too expensive.
I have a regular camera and a wide angle camera on my LG V20, which is a device from 2016 (albeit, I bought it new in 2017). I don't have any use for anything else in terms of cameras. All those extra cameras are something that I wouldn't use.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Why is it that whenever I go into Facebook settings I always see the word Privacy and Piracy? Maybe that's how Facebook makes me feel? I don't know...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I have a regular camera and a wide angle camera on my LG V20, which is a device from 2016 (albeit, I bought it new in 2017). I don't have any use for anything else in terms of cameras. All those extra cameras are something that I wouldn't use.
Gen 1 of the ultra wide was so much fun. I've got a Gen 3 device and while the field of view has narrowed, it is still a treat to use. I always like a monochrome sensor too, but those are out of fashion now.

People (the "average consumer OEMs like to target) just want good point and shoot.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Why is it that once you start working you start getting more and more offers for work? I haven't even updated my LinkedIn profile yet...

Latest contact is a 15 minutes walk from my current company. I get the feeling they want to meet. It's the engineering manager from the company.

Not something that unusual for me...

It's a good networking opportunity.

Just not sure about the current company I'm working for. People are nice the work is a bit dull and the way my department (not sure it's the whole company) works is a bit old fashioned. Which is frustrating.

Don't want to bail right away though.
People say the same thing about relationships, hence why there's that "taken but looking" thing.

I gave up on company loyalty eons ago. I just decided not to be an *** when jumping ship.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital