WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

People are blaming AOC for the Amazon HQ2 withdrawal from NYC.
Cannot please everybody.

It's been proven in the US that the level of tax breaks offered to companies at the scale of Amazon don't come back to the state/city in the form of secondary taxable income.

It's for the same reason they kicked out Amazon why you don't see a Wal-Mart in NYC.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Today's a somber anniversary in South Florida being a year since Stoneman Douglas. It's sad to remember the horror of the loss of life particularly the kids but what's sadder is that nothing's changed. You have the gun nuts on one side and the gun control fanatics on the other and NOBODY is doing a f*****g thing about the root cause. Until this country stands up and addresses the mental health epidemic we'll be right back where we are today. It's only a matter of time, mark my words. Without the benefit of Google I defy anyone right here in my community to utter the name of the shooter. He's a footnote to history and nothing else and that's what I find most disgusting. Repeal the 2nd Amendment, go ahead. Take away every gun from every citizen if that makes you feel better. In a perfect world that would be the end of it but in the real world, you're guaranteeing a dozen more Timothy McVeighs. Don't get me wrong, I'm a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment and own a few guns myself. Sensible gun control is paramount to keep the otherwise "normal" person who just found his old lady shining the neighbor's silverware if you know what I mean. That's the temporary madness that creates tragedy if an AK is handy. But a Nikolas Cruz (Parkland shooter) could've taken out hundreds like McVeigh if the guns weren't available because he was f*****g nuts. Period.

Sorry if I f****d up anybody's mood with the rant. It's tough when you have a kid in an American school these days.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Today's a somber anniversary in South Florida being a year since Stoneman Douglas. It's sad to remember the horror of the loss of life particularly the kids but what's sadder is that nothing's changed. You have the gun nuts on one side and the gun control fanatics on the other and NOBODY is doing a f*****g thing about the root cause. Until this country stands up and addresses the mental health epidemic we'll be right back where we are today. It's only a matter of time, mark my words. Without the benefit of Google I defy anyone right here in my community to utter the name of the shooter. He's a footnote to history and nothing else and that's what I find most disgusting. Repeal the 2nd Amendment, go ahead. Take away every gun from every citizen if that makes you feel better. In a perfect world that would be the end of it but in the real world, you're guaranteeing a dozen more Timothy McVeighs. Don't get me wrong, I'm a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment and own a few guns myself. Sensible gun control is paramount to keep the otherwise "normal" person who just found his old lady shining the neighbor's silverware if you know what I mean. That's the temporary madness that creates tragedy if an AK is handy. But a Nikolas Cruz (Parkland shooter) could've taken out hundreds like McVeigh if the guns weren't available because he was f*****g nuts. Period.

Sorry if I f****d up anybody's mood with the rant. It's tough when you have a kid in an American school these days.
While I agree that there is a mental health component, these events are no longer labeled for what they are: acts of domestic terrorism.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. I agree with regulating people's access to guns smartly. If one is proven responsible, tax them like hell and let them buy whatever gun they want. If a family owned gun is used in one of these crimes, $20K fine donated to charities that help victims. Instantly.

But because there is an underlying acceptance of acts of domestic terrorism, you will always see someone that may have a "mental health component" commit acts like these. I'll be curious to see what people will use as a defense when it starts being purely sociopaths committing crimes like these.

I posted a link here a few months ago on the experiences of legal black gun owners in America. It cannot be dismissed the demographics of these domestic terrorists.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Battery life on the G7+ since I stripped down the apps is about the same...no, slightly better. Would love to see how 9.0 runs on this thing.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

As a person who grew up in a country with gun control and has since lived in two other countries with strict gun control the difference between the USA and any other country is painfully obvious.

It would be a good start if people actually followed and understood the 2nd amendment rather than the fake one people sprout. However, the 2nd amendment really needs to be updated to today's world though. Something that probably won't happen for at least another two to three generations...

More often than not the media is quick to paint the shooter as mentally ill as if that's the only way someone would do things like mass shootings. However it's become very obvious that's simply not the case.

The USA needs gun control and limitations in gun ownership. Period. Every other country with proper gun laws has proven this beyond doubt.

There is however little incentive for change. If someone can go shoot up a primary school and nothing changes then I think the soul of America and the need for change is simple dead.

This is how the rest of the world views the USA. We look on with horror at what goes on there and are completely confused why change doesn't happen.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This is how the rest of the world views the USA. We look on with horror at what goes on there and are completely confused why change doesn't happen.

Such a statement can be applied all the cluster**** issues here that the world and the USA share vastly different views on.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I've never had Cambodian food before. Should be interesting. Haven't gone to see the "old man" (Cambodian master) in a long time to see what's new with him. Cup has been too full lately.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I saw something interesting this morning. I saw a Kanye West '20 for President sticker on a car this morning. I tried to take a picture but it turned out very blurry.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Such a statement can be applied all the cluster**** issues here that the world and the USA share vastly different views on.
Very true. Health care, women's rights, border wall...

Though I have to admit that health care is an issue in most countries but other countries don't have people dying because they can't afford it...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria