WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Well, it's a sad and interesting thing.

Jessica Simpson did a really nice special a while back called "The Price of Beauty". She has had long standing issues weber self image (her weight particularly). She had just ended a relationship with a famous NFL player and I suspect it was a very cathartic experience for her on some level.

It is hard to navigate the lines of self image these days as the most beautiful folks arent the happiest either, which is conveniently left out of the images. After all, we project our own wants/desires on these beauty standards, causing more harm than good.

I'll share a story about pictures. I hated taking them as a child and used to mess a ton of them up on purpose. I had my own beef with my family of origin (which still exists) and that was the reason why I didn't like taking pictures. I changed when in high school and thumbing through one of my close friend's family albums. I learned perspective of how photos are markers during the life course.

Now, I'll take them. I still don't enjoy the fuss surrounding getting ready to take them, but I do take them. I just make sure that when I do, they're in a meaningful moment to me (a place I care about or with people I care about).

I haven't seen her special but I'm curious. I can't even begin to imagine how it's like to be with a famous person like an athlete. I'm not about that life, it's too much. I'll take a regular person who is not so famous.

Oh wow, I had no idea that you hated taking pictures previously. It's so interesting that you had that experience in high school, but I get it. I had a similar experience in my early 20s as you, but that time I realized that I had no photos of myself for a whole year so I should take some here and there.

Kind of like you, I can accept to a point. I have a friend who always takes pictures (of it and/or himself and friends). It's just a thing he does when he does anything different from his day to day and with friends. He always takes pictures of him and his girlfriend any time they do anything and shares it to his social medias of Facebook and Instagram (and our GroupMe if it's something we did as a group).

There are times when I'm thankful for his pictures (I have saved them here and there) but I have thought a few times that I wouldn't want to be with someone who does that. It works for her though. My ex was into photography but he didn't feel the need to do that which was refreshing.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

My point was simply that more often than not we are our harshest critics.

I'm fully aware of what society, media and social media has done to both men and women in portraying how looks are more important than anything else.

For reference, there's a TV show in the UK called Love Island. It's a perfect example of where we are in society. I don't watch it btw.

The idea of the body beautiful has been around for some time but has different ideas of what beauty is.

Ooh I have heard about this show. One of the couples from there have a Youtube channel together that seems to be fairly popular.

You're correct about us being our harshest critics though.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

As you know I'm a bit of a science geek, a sceptic and atheist. My opinion about horoscopes falls into this.

You might find this interesting. Just something to keep in mind.

https://youtu.be/3Dp2Zqk8vHw

I remember that you are all of those things. This was very interesting, thank you for sharing.

I get it totally. I don't put a lot of stock in them but I do find things to be interesting from them. The birth chart is very fascinating.

To me, the amount of similarities we had even though we grew up totally different from one another (age difference aside), was very interesting. He grew up poor, I grew up solidly middle class, very different cultures (I'm Nigerian-American and he considered himself to be a typical white mix of German, Irish and something else I forget lol), his mom was his constant, his dad was not there but he gained a stepdad at some point, I had both of my parents who were active in my life but we thought similarly (not totally) and understood each other in the way I do with my friends who are also born the same month as me. It was a legit connection that I haven't experienced before so I wasn't sure if it is related to the month or not lol.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I remember that you are all of those things. This was very interesting, thank you for sharing.

I get it totally. I don't put a lot of stock in them but I do find things to be interesting from them. The birth chart is very fascinating.

To me, the amount of similarities we had even though we grew up totally different from one another (age difference aside), was very interesting. He grew up poor, I grew up solidly middle class, very different cultures (I'm Nigerian-American and he considered himself to be a typical white mix of German, Irish and something else I forget lol), his mom was his constant, his dad was not there but he gained a stepdad at some point, I had both of my parents who were active in my life but we thought similarly (not totally) and understood each other in the way I do with my friends who are also born the same month as me. It was a legit connection that I haven't experienced before so I wasn't sure if it is related to the month or not lol.

Glad you liked the video. For reference Randi is a magician.

When I was a late teen I was into all the new age stuff and before that I was generally religious.

Back in year ten of highschool a science teacher I liked said to me, in life you'll meet a person of the opposite sex with whom you'll just click immediately. Some will be of a romantic nature others will be of friendship.

I've had this happen to me twice. One is a friend I've had for decades the other is my best friend, my wife. Both are Leo.

Coïncidence? Yes. Because in my world view these things happen.

For me there is enough strangeness and mystery in our universe without needing to add even more mystery and strangeness to it.

Life is weird.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Ooh I have heard about this show. One of the couples from there have a Youtube channel together that seems to be fairly popular.

You're correct about us being our harshest critics though.
One of the bigger issues with the UK is the attraction to shows like this.

There's also one called Naked Attraction. A show I don't see making it to the USA any time soon. It is as the name implies. It's on regular TV.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Glad you liked the video. For reference Randi is a magician.

When I was a late teen I was into all the new age stuff and before that I was generally religious.

Back in year ten of highschool a science teacher I liked said to me, in life you'll meet a person of the opposite sex with whom you'll just click immediately. Some will be of a romantic nature others will be of friendship.

I've had this happen to me twice. One is a friend I've had for decades the other is my best friend, my wife. Both are Leo.

Coïncidence? Yes. Because in my world view these things happen.

For me there is enough strangeness and mystery in our universe without needing to add even more mystery and strangeness to it.

Life is weird.

Wow! That is very interesting that you have two and both are the same sign. I agree, life is weird.

Your science teacher words, your experience (and my past experience) give me hope for the click. I'm really not trying to sound special or so when I say this but I always felt different. It's been a recurring theme for me. (This sounds like something you might be able to relate to, based on what you have shared.) Growing up and even a good amount of my 20s, I felt some kind of complex about myself so I would hang around whoever accepted me. In recent years, I have been doing work to shake this attitude but it's still in me (This is something I need to work out.).

Even in my friend groups and friends, I feel like I can connect somewhat but not as well as I did with my ex and I have known them for years. It didn't feel like work or like I was really making myself force the connection.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I caved in and got a few more goodies. Will share pictures once they arrive. I also reserved a S10 since Samsung is tempting me with a $550 credit for my S9 which is pretty good.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

As much as people **** on LG, their engineers are impressive. The V35 and V40 had that lightweight in hand feel. Not as light as the Mi 5 did (man, I'd love to find one of those again), but very lightweight nonetheless.

Even though the G7 isn't that much heavier, I like its compact, more comparatively chunkier feel. The V40 isn't that much bigger surface area wise, which is also impressive.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

One of the bigger issues with the UK is the attraction to shows like this.

There's also one called Naked Attraction. A show I don't see making it to the USA any time soon. It is as the name implies. It's on regular TV.
They had a nude dating show here in the US: Dating Naked.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Sounds like the same kind of show then.

I wouldn't have thought that would be in the USA all things considered.

That's fair. From what I remember, it showed on cable after 9, like at 10pm.

I don't know if this is still a thing now, but shows pushed to later time slots have been that way for a reason, usually for the content of the show.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Wow! That is very interesting that you have two and both are the same sign. I agree, life is weird.

Your science teacher words, your experience (and my past experience) give me hope for the click. I'm really not trying to sound special or so when I say this but I always felt different. It's been a recurring theme for me. (This sounds like something you might be able to relate to, based on what you have shared.) Growing up and even a good amount of my 20s, I felt some kind of complex about myself so I would hang around whoever accepted me. In recent years, I have been doing work to shake this attitude but it's still in me (This is something I need to work out.).

Even in my friend groups and friends, I feel like I can connect somewhat but not as well as I did with my ex and I have known them for years. It didn't feel like work or like I was really making myself force the connection.
I've always been a bit of an oddball. I don't really fit in anywhere in general. My wife is similar. We have similar backgrounds as well. We both come from borderline poor families (working poor). We're also the most educated, traveled and adventurous of our families. We some times joke we have an identity crisis. We don't know where we belong.

I think I mentioned this before we met on the internet way back in 2003 before it was 'normal'. We just clicked (no pun) and the rest is history.

As for my friend, she's the cousin of another friend I had at the time. I almost didn't meet her but at the time I had this feeling I needed to, it was overwhelming. So I made it happen. We started off as pen pals because we lived in different countries. This is before email. Her life is very different than mine but we stay in touch still.

I don't have much of a philosophy on why things happen. I just tend to think that they do. I've always tried to listen to my feelings and go with things. I was better at it when I was younger. A bit older now and I am not as easy going as I'd like. Part of it I think is just the stress of life and responsibility.

I'm hoping things will change in the near future though.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That's fair. From what I remember, it showed on cable after 9, like at 10pm.

I don't know if this is still a thing now, but shows pushed to later time slots have been that way for a reason, usually for the content of the show.
It's the same in the UK/Australia/Canada.

Just didn't think USA would go with that. I'm surprised but I shouldn't be.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I've always been a bit of an oddball. I don't really fit in anywhere in general. My wife is similar. We have similar backgrounds as well. We both come from borderline poor families (working poor). We're also the most educated, traveled and adventurous of our families. We some times joke we have an identity crisis. We don't know where we belong.

I think I mentioned this before we met on the internet way back in 2003 before it was 'normal'. We just clicked (no pun) and the rest is history.

As for my friend, she's the cousin of another friend I had at the time. I almost didn't meet her but at the time I had this feeling I needed to, it was overwhelming. So I made it happen. We started off as pen pals because we lived in different countries. This is before email. Her life is very different than mine but we stay in touch still.

I don't have much of a philosophy on why things happen. I just tend to think that they do. I've always tried to listen to my feelings and go with things. I was better at it when I was younger. A bit older now and I am not as easy going as I'd like. Part of it I think is just the stress of life and responsibility.

I'm hoping things will change in the near future though.

I can picture you being an oddball. I think it's awesome that both of you are. Lol at the identity crisis, that's funny. Y'all are just high achievers. Mhmm, I do remember that you shared the story and how big the distance was originally.

Oh wow, that's cool about your friend. I'm glad that you two were able to meet previously and still stay in touch.

That makes sense that you do that. You have went through so much and you are here, so it sounds like it has worked out well for you. I'm also hopeful that things change too for you as well.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Was it a bit to a$$ forward? I never watched, so...

It was. I did not want to see some of the people on there without clothes

Edit: When I say some, I mean all but not necessarily for the reasons one might think.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paul89895