WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'm in the same boat as you. I was going to do a switch where I'd get a Razer 2 + a V35. With seeing the idea of the 9, I am tempted to keep the G7+ and just wait the 9 out price wise. There's a lot to like about the 9, but I know it will be a bit more pricey than it should be here in the US.

Still, if the 8 and 8 Sirocco are anything to go by, the prices may not drop in the US as much as I'd like as fast as I'd like...

I'm seeing that the 9 will be priced at $699 stateside so it might be a while before we have an actual drop in price.

Edit: Come to think of it, it might play out like Sony's prices but hopefully better.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm seeing that the 9 will be priced at $699 stateside so it might be a while before we have an actual drop in price.

Edit: Come to think of it, it might play out like Sony's prices but hopefully better.
Agreed. Mostly likely I'll get it from the old shop in Hong Kong 99 knows about that I've been using for YEARS when I want something 100% new.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Ahh my brother said something yesterday that rubbed me wrong.

He believes that long distance relationships don't work because the lady probably isn't going to be faithful. This started because the brother of my coworker is getting married for the first time this year and he's in his mid 40s.

He's been with his lady for 3 years, and he is a minister (not his main thing but relevant) at a church, which is a small family one. The sect of Christianity they are in is different and he wanted a lady that is on his educational level (he is getting his PhD in something related to education) so it's hard to find someone. They met at a church conference and she has the same beliefs and same education level. She's also never been married before either. They live in different states that aren't next to one another but on the same coast.

My brother sees this as a setup and questions why he would even bother doing this because you can't trust her and also because she's probably been doing activities as an educated woman all her life. I just hate the assumption.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My brother sees this as a setup and questions why he would even bother doing this because you can't trust her and also because she's probably been doing activities as an educated woman all her life. I just hate the assumption.

I can see why it rubbed you the wrong way.

Long distance relationships are difficult and my assumption would be statistically that men are more likely to stray than women.

Lastly, if she has been doing 'other activities', the big answer to that is... So? I'm sure his coworker would be aware of that prior to asking her to marry him. Not sure what the 'setup' is...

Lastly if it's a mistake it's his to make. So be it.

Your brother has some very old fashioned attitudes and ideas.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Agreed. Mostly likely I'll get it from the old shop in Hong Kong 99 knows about that I've been using for YEARS when I want something 100% new.
Is this a special shop or can anyone buy from there?

Can't remember if he sent me the link or not.

The place I usually buy from isn't that great lately.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Been reading up on the Nokia9 "Spider-thingy" hands-on...
looks like the camera is gonna be a killer, and the price is not that bad as I thought it would be.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Been reading up on the Nokia9 "Spider-thingy" hands-on...
looks like the camera is gonna be a killer, and the price is not that bad as I thought it would be.
Agree. I just found some more information. 699€ here in France. Not bad.

I'll still wait on all the reviews and a drop in price before even thinking of getting it. Still want to see it in person too.

I don't have any issues with the older processor and the 128gb of storage is plenty.

Even though there's a lot of gushing about S10 and the Fold I think this phone will capture a lot of people simply due to price and camera.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Is this a special shop or can anyone buy from there?

Can't remember if he sent me the link or not.

The place I usually buy from isn't that great lately.
It's not that special. It's just that they deal in the Hong Kong / Asian variants of the phones based on their location. As always you just have to double check the model number to ensure that the one they offer has your carrier's bands. With Nokia (and Sony) I've gotten from them previously, I didn't have a problem. HTC and LG are more or an issue there as their variants lack the US bands.

I just never had have a bad experience with them. I've gotten my blue G7+, white Nokia 920, purple Xperia Z Ultra and a few other things there without complaints.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's going to be 17C today and tomorrow and 18C on Wednesday. This isn't normal for Paris this time of year.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's not that special. It's just that they deal in the Hong Kong / Asian variants of the phones based on their location. As always you just have to double check the model number to ensure that the one they offer has your carrier's bands. With Nokia (and Sony) I've gotten from them previously, I didn't have a problem. HTC and LG are more or an issue there as their variants lack the US bands.
I think the EU is pretty good for that. It's not like the USA over here with the carrier band issues but I'll check to make sure regardless.

The place I dealt with shipped from China as well.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I can see why it rubbed you the wrong way.

Long distance relationships are difficult and my assumption would be statistically that men are more likely to stray than women.

Lastly, if she has been doing 'other activities', the big answer to that is... So? I'm sure his coworker would be aware of that prior to asking her to marry him. Not sure what the 'setup' is...

Lastly if it's a mistake it's his to make. So be it.

Your brother has some very old fashioned attitudes and ideas.

I agree with you on all points. It's exactly that.

Yeah you're right, he does. I find it frustrating to talk to him about a number of things for that reason so I try to avoid it. Never mind my own relationships...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

On the plane again.
773247baab4f22d658fbddf28f49abea.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I agree with you on all points. It's exactly that.

Yeah you're right, he does. I find it frustrating to talk to him about a number of things for that reason so I try to avoid it. Never mind my own relationships...
I don't talk to my brother at all so I can sort of relate to the not talking about things. For me it's really difficult because no one I'm my family has really traveled much. My experiences are quite different than theirs.

To give an idea why I don't bother. My sister in law accused my wife of using me to get a Canadian visa. This never happened of course as we never lived in Canada and never will.

Keep in mind my wife is Australian, where she was living when we met, a far better place as far as I'm concerned. I'm not going to say she never wanted to live overseas but that's not what our relationship was built on and technically I've been using her for that reason.

Family with their beliefs and ideas can be annoying. They call it protecting you but sometimes can be insulting. There's more I can say but I simply don't have much to do with mine.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I don't talk to my brother at all so I can sort of relate to the not talking about things. For me it's really difficult because no one I'm my family has really traveled much. My experiences are quite different than theirs.

To give an idea why I don't bother. My sister in law accused my wife of using me to get a Canadian visa. This never happened of course as we never lived in Canada and never will.

Keep in mind my wife is Australian, where she was living when we met, a far better place as far as I'm concerned. I'm not going to say she never wanted to live overseas but that's not what our relationship was built on and technically I've been using her for that reason.

Family with their beliefs and ideas can be annoying. They call it protecting you but sometimes can be insulting. There's more I can say but I simply don't have much to do with mine.

That does sound difficult to deal with. I remember that you said that you have had a lot of different experiences that others in your family haven't had.

Wait what?! That's a crazy accusation! To me, from what you have mentioned, it doesn't seem like you had any interest of residing in Canada. Haha it clearly worked for you and her.

True, I can agree with you on it being insulting sometimes.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That does sound difficult to deal with. I remember that you said that you have had a lot of different experiences that others in your family haven't had.

Wait what?! That's a crazy accusation! To me, from what you have mentioned, it doesn't seem like you had any interest of residing in Canada. Haha it clearly worked for you and her.

True, I can agree with you on it being insulting sometimes.
Originally my wife was going to move to Canada but it got too difficult so I moved to Australia instead. We wanted to be together so had to sort something out.

That's why my sister in law made that comment. Regardless, it was insulting anyway. My wife laughed because it made it sound like Australia was some third world country. It's just showed the ignorance of my family.

Back in 2003 it was a little harder to know about things but still...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Originally my wife was going to move to Canada but it got too difficult so I moved to Australia instead. We wanted to be together so had to sort something out.

That's why my sister in law made that comment. Regardless, it was insulting anyway. My wife laughed because it made it sound like Australia was some third world country. It's just showed the ignorance of my family.

Back in 2003 it was a little harder to know about things but still...

Ah okay, I see. Gotcha. It really does, which just sounds silly.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sony's X1 is semi interesting. Of course they had to wet the bed with a 64gb model.

Would I buy one? Nope. Would I want to demo one? Yes! I honestly haven't seem them do anything this interesting design wise since the Z Ultra.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michaeaughn