WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Yes because carrier versions seem to get faster software updates.

Gotcha. I really don't understand this at all lol, but this is interesting to know. I'll like to switch carriers (I have said this before, but I like having a fixed bill each month) so I wouldn't want to buy what I can't use. I might just do the unlocked route anyway.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

So I get these maths things in my Facebook feed every so often. Now being reasonably good at maths I'm always a little saddened by the comments. Most people seemed to have forgotten the most basic principle of maths. Order of operation (which in itself has a couple of quirks that people have forgotten). Now I know that these questions are written badly to confuse people but since the equation is fairly simple I'm often stumped by how many people get it wrong.

So with that in mind here's one for you.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190221/056901d59cb71a95feb90a9153b75d3e.jpg

20?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Gotcha. I really don't understand this at all lol, but this is interesting to know. I'll like to switch carriers (I have said this before, but I like having a fixed bill each month) so I wouldn't want to buy what I can't use. I might just do the unlocked route anyway.

6 weeks and TMO unlocks the device. And only leaves one app on the phone which can be uninstalled so virtually no bloatware.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Speaking of 6 weeks, this iPhone XR is now almost 8 weeks old. I’m going to call up T-Mobile tomorrow to get it unlocked.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It's not so much the ads as their new points thing they started. I didn't look into to much but I'm not interested in getting 'points' for doing things.
Yep, I just noticed this. I regret updating. Unfortunately it seems like it might be the only option aside from visiting the forums in the browser (and the apps).

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yep, I just noticed this. I regret updating. Unfortunately it seems like it might be the only option aside from visiting the forums in the browser (and the apps).

Can't say I'm liking the WC app that much.

I might try the browser.

There appears to be no competition for Tapatalk. I found other apps and tried one but it really was useless. Ah well.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Can't say I'm liking the WC app that much.

I might try the browser.

There appears to be no competition for Tapatalk. I found other apps and tried one but it really was useless. Ah well.
I mainly use Tapatalk since I belong to 3 other forums unrelated to Mobile Nations.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I mainly use Tapatalk since I belong to 3 other forums unrelated to Mobile Nations.

I was quite happy with Tapatalk until this latest update. Not sure what the point thing is all about but its not something I wanted to sign up for but they didn't give me a choice.

So I uninstalled it. I don't like being forced to sign up for things. I'm sure there will be others who feel the same way

I'm very surprised no one else has developed an app for forums.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I was quite happy with Tapatalk until this latest update. Not sure what the point thing is all about but its not something I wanted to sign up for but they didn't give me a choice.

So I uninstalled it. I don't like being forced to sign up for things. I'm sure there will be others who feel the same way

I'm very surprised no one else has developed an app for forums.
You might be able to find an APK for an earlier version of Tapatalk. I was running one of those last year when I was having issues with the mod tools not working properly on a then current version.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

I gave up on WC app months ago... Unable to use tapatalk or mTalk either. So I tried PAWA, which works OK until I try to load pictures.
So it back to just plain pinning shortcuts to the start screen (950XL)...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Welcome to graduate school, where you can have a group project but actually doing things together is harder because you have people in your group who work full-time.

In my case, this is the case for both classes. One class, two of us do, and the other is more flexible and for the other class, I think three of us do. I still wonder how I went from having zero to having two in the same semester.

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Welcome to graduate school, where you can have a group project but actually doing things together is harder because you have people in your group who work full-time.

In my case, this is the case for both classes. One class, two of us do, and the other is more flexible and for the other class, I think three of us do. I still wonder how I went from having zero to having two in the same semester.

I would like to empathize or sympathize with you having been there and done that a couple of decades ago.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I would like to empathize or sympathize with you having been there and done that a couple of decades ago.

Thank you. I want to do the best that I can, and also not let people down in my groups while also hoping that they don't let me down either.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Thank you. I want to do the best that I can, and also not let people down in my groups while also hoping that they don't let me down either.

You have to lift a little bit extra if your team members are full time employees.
I always had at least one team member who worked full time and came to our evening classes. But they were always trying to be very helpful and seemed to be mindful that they were relying on us to do a little bit more lifting. I think it teaches a very valuable life lesson about give and take and also to put oneself in the other person's position.

I rarely took classes after working full time so I can see how many items these team members were juggling in their lives.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

You have to lift a little bit extra if your team members are full time employees.
I always had at least one team member who worked full time and came to our evening classes. But they were always trying to be very helpful and seemed to be mindful that they were relying on us to do a little bit more lifting. I think it teaches a very valuable life lesson about give and take and also to put oneself in the other person's position.

I rarely took classes after working full time so I can see how many items these team members were juggling in their lives.

That's good to know, thank you for the advice and wisdom. In my case, I am one of the group members that is working full time as well. My work is supportive of this, but I have limits to how much time I can use for school things. I was great last year with keeping up with expected work flow and school.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadpool7788