WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Cooking can be an attractive skill. Old school cooking, not ordering food via an app cooking. Just saying.

I know how to cook a number of things, that just isn't one of them. Personally, I believe certain things are reserved for certain phases in a relationship.

Additionally, I also believe it should go both ways, as it should be considered a general life skill.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I know how to cook a number of things, that just isn't one of them. Personally, I believe certain things are reserved for certain phases in a relationship.

Additionally, I also believe it should go both ways, as it should be considered a general life skill.
Not implying that you did or didn't know how to cook. And I can certainly agree with the idea of delaying when to bust out the cooking skills.

I've also been stuck cooking certain dishes in the past few relationships, so...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Not implying that you did or didn't know how to cook. And I can certainly agree with the idea of delaying when to bust out the cooking skills.

I've also been stuck cooking certain dishes in the past few relationships, so...

Ah okay, I gotcha. May it's the way that I read your words lol.

That's so interesting that this has happened for you. I never really got to that point, so I'll take your word for it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hmmmm...

One of my colleagues is going through something similar to this both on her side job and did so with her main job last year. It's so hard these days, especially as an older more accomplished worker where meaning is important.

It's one of the things I think about a lot as well. I would love to transition out into something else that's a bit more manageable for me to get me to my next stop. Much of those opportunities in the hospital don't open up much as people cling onto them a ton (and I still have to grind through not having the look of what management wants).

Ain't easy no matter what level one is at in its own way.
The thing that messed up the experience so far with work is that the guy who I replaced didn't really do much to help.

In his mind everything was mostly done. However, it isn't. Only a few things left.... Right.

The other part has been the way this project is running, or not... It's a good (bad?) example of poor management, lack of leadership and badly written contract agreements

Our 'partners' have walked all over us on this and we're going to come out of this worse off.

The company had a down turn a year back but instead of taking the time to reevaluate they panicked. Took on what I feel are bad projects and let go of risky but high value aspects of projects.

On top of that they're not evolving their project strategies to become more efficient, this I've found in French companies so far.

By efficient I don't mean reducing employees either but using better tools.

They're about 5-10 years behind...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
The thing that messed up the experience so far with work is that the guy who I replaced didn't really do much to help.

In his mind everything was mostly done. However, it isn't. Only a few things left.... Right.

The other part has been the way this project is running, or not... It's a good (bad?) example of poor management, lack of leadership and badly written contract agreements

Our 'partners' have walked all over us on this and we're going to come out of this worse off.

The company had a down turn a year back but instead of taking the time to reevaluate they panicked. Took on what I feel are bad projects and let go of risky but high value aspects of projects.

On top of that they're not evolving their project strategies to become more efficient, this I've found in French companies so far.

By efficient I don't mean reducing employees either but using better tools.

They're about 5-10 years behind...
And unfortunately, this mix seems to be a common one across industries, no matter the size of the project.

They've done similar things at work in the program I'm in. Now you know how fun of a look that is in a hospital setting. My colleagues have sat in meetings with bean counters who have codified people's health conditions and are looking for ways to extract more money with less resources. Let that sink in and tell me how that feels reading it.

It's so systemic the idiotas in certain positions it's not even funny.

like this makes you want to fall upwards off a bridge.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
On a random note...

The reason why I talk about in hand feel so much is that emotional connection we all have to individual products and tools cannot be understated. The Mate 20 Pro feels great in the hand to me and when at home I use it without the case. (On a side note, if it were a flat screen, it would have been my daily driver eons ago). The 9 Pureview has a great in hand feel. So did the Mi Mix 2, the V35, the Mi Note 2, the HTC 10 and quite a few others. The S10+ is good, the Note 10 is good, the V40 is good-ish, the Mi 9 is good too.

I think that even though most phones get thrown in a case, evaluating in hand feel is still very important in purchasing a device.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So the side stuffs for the Nokia should be here today. I will likely get another slimmer case that better protects the camera array but I will use this Tudia in the interim. Due to activities below, it should be a nice opportunity to test out the device.

I got her Mexican last night and for the official Valentine's day outing, we go for bowling and Senegalese dinner afterwards tomorrow. It was too cold and I didn't want to get caught up in the hype of the day.
So it looks like these won't be delivered in time. I might just swap the SIM into the Mate 20 Pro instead, but haven't decided it. I really should use it a bit more but work has been so tiring that I don't feel like doing much more than resting on weekends.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I've always viewed this as understanding who you are and what you want.

Everyone is different. Have different needs, desires, etc.

Matching up to someone who is the same is difficult. Being honest is hard and possibly embarrassing.

The simple truth is knowing what you want first then getting into a relationship that works for you. But you should experiment to find out what it is you really want.

Not always easy and we all grow and change over time. So adding another dimension.

Also stereotypes of French are way off.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I've always viewed this as understanding who you are and what you want.

Everyone is different. Have different needs, desires, etc.

Matching up to someone who is the same is difficult. Being honest is hard and possibly embarrassing.

The simple truth is knowing what you want first then getting into a relationship that works for you. But you should experiment to find out what it is you really want.

Not always easy and we all grow and change over time. So adding another dimension.

Also stereotypes of French are way off.
Then you throw in gender with how people's expectation about sex (based on socialization) occurs, it muddies the waters even more...

Unfortunately, some people in relationships are too busy comparing the person in front of them to these benchmark societal expectations they have - usually in an unfair and unrealistic way. If a benchmark can keep you warm at night, cook for you, pay your bills when you need help, care for you when you're sick, push you to make you better, take you on a vacation, etc - then fine. Otherwise you can push away someone who could work for you and then be in the corner alone and miserable while repeating all the negative stereotypes of the gender you're interested in.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Good luck with that one. Latino men are taught from a young age that women do the cooking and other domestic duties while we fix the cars and the washing machines. Even in this country it's still pervasive, maybe another 100 years simmering in the Melting Pot might change things.

Me? I can make a mean pot of garlic rice on the stovetop, not the Hitachi. Other than that, boiling pasta is my limit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria