WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Well, she decided that it was necessary for her, which made it more challenging as a French woman. Even for people who sex is of lower priority, there is always some sexual expectations (having sex vs not having it). The act of sex isn't really the issue; it's the social implications of that act has been where the problems have always been.

That makes sense. Thanks for that.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Good luck with that one. Latino men are taught from a young age that women do the cooking and other domestic duties while we fix the cars and the washing machines. Even in this country it's still pervasive, maybe another 100 years simmering in the Melting Pot might change things.

Me? I can make a mean pot of garlic rice on the stovetop, not the Hitachi. Other than that, boiling pasta is my limit.
My hair stylist is a Latina. She is still learning to cook even though she is in her 40s. That's because she got a divorce about 3 years ago. She had been married to a chef, so he insisted on doing all the cooking but never taught her.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
My hair stylist is a Latina. She is still learning to cook even though she is in her 40s. That's because she got a divorce about 3 years ago. She had been married to a chef, so he insisted on doing all the cooking but never taught her.
That's one of the reasons why I haven't asked my mom much about cooking until after I started. Even then, it took me nearly perfectly replicating one of her recipes before I can get her to comfortably share certain things.

Still, one is never too old to get into the kitchen and get to a level of confidence to where you feel OK. To each his own.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad you have tomorrow off.

I know what you're saying about curved screens. I had a bit of trouble with the curved screen on my S10+ for about a week. Now that I'm adjusted to it, I actually like it, since the curves make it easier to hold. However, my typing was problematic until I adjusted.
The Mate 20 Pro screen is more pronounced than what you have on the S10+. That's why I don't use it as the daily driver.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That's one of the reasons why I haven't asked my mom much about cooking until after I started. Even then, it took me nearly perfectly replicating one of her recipes before I can get her to comfortably share certain things.

Still, one is never too old to get into the kitchen and get to a level of confidence to where you feel OK. To each his own.
That is true! I think it would be fun to take cooking classes.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
There was a fun run on Sunday. It was on the main road.

It wasn't fun weather unfortunately. A picture can't capture the wind we were experiencing.DSC_0539-01.jpg

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
That is so typical. Why can't people teach their skills to others? I'm constantly teaching my "underlings" every trick I know. Not because I'm this wonderful, sage person but because it makes my job easier when I don't have to do everything.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
That is so typical. Why can't people teach their skills to others? I'm constantly teaching my "underlings" every trick I know. Not because I'm this wonderful, sage person but because it makes my job easier when I don't have to do everything.
Because knowledge makes money. If others know what you have, it makes you less valuable in the eyes of management.

I see that a lot in my line of work, because on the one hand, shared knowledge is essential and on the other hand breakthroughs make serious money. I had old mentor talk about a skill she learned once. I asked her if she would be able to teach me - and I was willing to pay for it because I wasn't asking for free - and she still ignored me. There are a ton of idea thieves too out there. My current supervisor did that to me, and while I think she is OK as a person, she doesn't get out of me as far as ideas go. Both my supervisors at the current job did this and because I sensed they were idea thieves, the ones I gave on the surface looked good, but if you're the discerning type you'd see that you shouldn't use them as is or you look like an ***.

Shouldn't have to do this, but you have to do this in 'Murica as original innovation is king.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Not implying that you did or didn't know how to cook. And I can certainly agree with the idea of delaying when to bust out the cooking skills.

I've also been stuck cooking certain dishes in the past few relationships, so...
Tell me about being stuck cooking
Kiddo puts demands on a white board and Dad makes the dish since Mrs. decided to take an extension on the vacation

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
That looks good. If I can ask, how does it compare to Nando's? (Yes, I have Nandos in my general area, they have a small footprint in the US.)
I've had lots of Nando's so I'm speaking from experience.

This is a small chain of two restaurants. Most likely family owned. They are catering to French people who are not known for liking spicy food.

This place is not specific to chicken but it's a speciallty.

I'd say the chicken was better than Nando's from a cooking perspective but would've liked a bit more kick in the sauce or another sauce with more kick.

Overall very satisfied.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I've had lots of Nando's so I'm speaking from experience.

This is a small chain of two restaurants. Most likely family owned. They are catering to French people who are not known for liking spicy food.

This place is not specific to chicken but it's a speciallty.

I'd say the chicken was better than Nando's from a cooking perspective but would've liked a bit more kick in the sauce or another sauce with more kick.

Overall very satisfied.

That's good to know, thank you. This place sounds like one of a kind.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlizaForbes