WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Because knowledge makes money. If others know what you have, it makes you less valuable in the eyes of management.

I see that a lot in my line of work, because on the one hand, shared knowledge is essential and on the other hand breakthroughs make serious money. I had old mentor talk about a skill she learned once. I asked her if she would be able to teach me - and I was willing to pay for it because I wasn't asking for free - and she still ignored me. There are a ton of idea thieves too out there. My current supervisor did that to me, and while I think she is OK as a person, she doesn't get out of me as far as ideas go. Both my supervisors at the current job did this and because I sensed they were idea thieves, the ones I gave on the surface looked good, but if you're the discerning type you'd see that you shouldn't use them as is or you look like an ***.

Shouldn't have to do this, but you have to do this in 'Murica as original innovation is king.
No no no sonny, I taught you everything you know but I didn't teach you everything I know. Wile E. Coyote always keeps an Acme ace up his sleeve.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Foldable or slab form factor?
62aecedca4f9790cf5d2e448d8951c76.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
This is a bit heavier case. It works but it doesn't protect the cameras. So I may get something else. I'll reset the watch in the morning and test drive it for a week. 20200217_142141.jpeg20200217_142127.jpeg

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Foldable, but done right. Here's the thing, the Razr is designed to have a virtual input panel on the lower half (or other control option) if it's not totally open. So why not just make separate panels and be done with the fragile glass bulls***. I would gladly trade a seamless look for reliability. The Surface Duo is going this route and no one seems to be blowing a head gasket over it. A millimeter or two of thickness for the sake of a higher capacity battery wouldn't be a bad tradeoff either. Maybe I'm jaded, I spent years with a Palm Treo in my pocket.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Foldable, but done right. Here's the thing, the Razr is designed to have a virtual input panel on the lower half (or other control option) if it's not totally open. So why not just make separate panels and be done with the fragile glass bulls***. I would gladly trade a seamless look for reliability. The Surface Duo is going this route and no one seems to be blowing a head gasket over it. A millimeter or two of thickness for the sake of a higher capacity battery wouldn't be a bad tradeoff either. Maybe I'm jaded, I spent years with a Palm Treo in my pocket.
Your answer makes sense, but you know that won't fly.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
This is a bit heavier case. It works but it doesn't protect the cameras. So I may get something else. I'll reset the watch in the morning and test drive it for a week. View attachment 141886View attachment 141887
I'm not sure if I'm excited to use this starting tomorrow more so than I'm just curious to see how plain Google runs these days. I do plan to get an upgraded pair of earbuds as these older Sabbats aren't cutting it. I also plan to try some newer earbud tips online to see if it'll make the Xiaomi ANC and Essential HD USB-C headphones I have more usable. May all be for naught somewhat as I may stop listening to less music on the commute...we will see though.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm with you on that, it helps with size as it's more pocketable. A slab is easier to use though lol.

Edit: On that note, Pocketnow titled their video on the Z Flip (24 hours later) as a foldable S10e and it caught my attention. Looking at the size of it open compared to the S10e was surprising.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I agree. The Duo to me though is just a a dbl take move from my perspective. Sadly they have to do it though and honestly I'm curious to see how Microsoft plays the Duo game. Once they bring it there's no turning back or they'll end up on the chopping block.

I still love. My 152ish mm slab phones though with a wide aspect ration and simplisty of what we've grown to use.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure if I'm excited to use this starting tomorrow more so than I'm just curious to see how plain Google runs these days. I do plan to get an upgraded pair of earbuds as these older Sabbats aren't cutting it. I also plan to try some newer earbud tips online to see if it'll make the Xiaomi ANC and Essential HD USB-C headphones I have more usable. May all be for naught somewhat as I may stop listening to less music on the commute...we will see though.

Please let us know how it goes for you. Wait...why less music? Did I read that wrong or are you switching to something else like podcasts and/or audiobooks?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
How is the screen in the Nokia 9? I will soon get one, once pricing seems right. I only want it for the build quality audio and screen.
If you buying this thing for the audio, you'll be disappointed. It's OK for that. Screen is gorgeous though, I'll tell you that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Please let us know how it goes for you. Wait...why less music? Did I read that wrong or are you switching to something else like podcasts and/or audiobooks?
I was planning to do that if the V series was still the daily driver. Now that it isn't for the next stretch, that stuff has to wait. I'm not committing to this thing as the daily long term just yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlizaForbes