WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
So I took the 9 Pureview out today.

I love this style form factor. Size is just right for me. Screen is nice and to my liking. Glance is tastefully done, but not as nice as it was on Windows. Weight is good. Phone flies. Stock Android 10 isn't that unusable.

Samsung's shenanigans with the watch situation sucks really bad and kills part of the experience for me. Audio playback on the Sabbats are too low. Good, but too low. It is nice and loud enough on USB-C.

I need a new case as the Tudia is a massive dust magnet and I keep smudging the cameras.

I feel I have to break the screen to use the FPS with the tempered glass on. It works most of the time though, but is still slow as molasses. I think I'd enjoy this a little more if it was a 3700mah battery. I cannot fully judge because I'm not able to use my full set up.

Nokia's radios are a treat. No complaints there.

So it's back to the LG tomorrow.

Thank you for sharing your experience. So far, it sounds like it might have been possibly worth caving to get your hands on one.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for sharing your experience. So far, it sounds like it might have been possibly worth caving to get your hands on one.
I didn't really cave. I just waited for the right opportunity. Truth be told, i would have gotten one brand new for that $400 mark and been happy. I do like the camera on it. If I were to do it over again, I would have stuck to the original plan and gotten a new Mi Mix 3 5g first before hunting for a 9 Pureview. I just got the Nokia on a solid deal.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I didn't really cave. I just waited for the right opportunity. Truth be told, i would have gotten one brand new for that $400 mark and been happy. I do like the camera on it. If I were to do it over again, I would have stuck to the original plan and gotten a new Mi Mix 3 5g first before hunting for a 9 Pureview. I just got the Nokia on a solid deal.

Gotcha. I can understand that.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Pixel 4XL and OnePlus 7T, which one to keep and which one to flip.
Oppo Reno 2 is going to a family member.

I can't remember how you feel about OnePlus right now, so it's hard for me to say. If you still have the 3a though, I guess another question to ask is if it's worth it to have both or if the 3a is enough for the moment.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

Personally I would keep the 7t. One because the Pixel 4 will be worth more now. Oneplus phones hold their value more even more so than the pixel. The 5t still sells for over 200.00 now. Two, I have a beef with Google...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

The FaceID is starting to gnaw at me, it's really the only knock I have on the 4XL. But damn, that camera is something else. I'll give it another week 'cause I'm not relishing the thought of going back to the fruit farm.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
The FaceID is starting to gnaw at me, it's really the only knock I have on the 4XL. But damn, that camera is something else. I'll give it another week 'cause I'm not relishing the thought of going back to the fruit farm.
So how did you survive before 2015 without FPS to unlock your phone?

All jokes aside, that's the hang up for me with that device. But I agree the camera is lazy status nice. That's the thing I enjoyed with the Pixel 2 that made me put up with that bad battery life.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
So how did you survive before 2015 without FPS to unlock your phone?
Wachu talkin bout Willis? I've been using FPS since my dearly departed Motorola ES400 on WinMo 6.5. Yes, it came before the Atrix which is always credited with being the first with FPS. Maybe on Android.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
now what I was using in 2010??... hmmm, a phone so tough n durable, it even has a stainless steel back!! It still works in 2020...One single charge will last about 3 months ...but I'm using it as my alarm clock, mind.

Nokia 6303, its a classic!!. even has a 3.5mm jack!!!
4a5ee43df29bab44d9e5c8f65ca000f5.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
now what I was using in 2010??... hmmm, a phone so tough n durable, it even has a stainless steel back!! It still works in 2020...One single charge will last about 3 months ...but I'm using it as my alarm clock, mind.

Nokia 6303, its a classic!!. even has a 3.5mm jack!!!
4a5ee43df29bab44d9e5c8f65ca000f5.jpg
I can't remember what phone I was using last year, much less 2010. I really should have taken more pictures of stuff I used as I went along.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
It's Thursday and I'm not as excited about it as I could be. Maybe because all work days look the same these days except for Mondays, which always look worse!?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I can't remember what phone I was using last year, much less 2010. I really should have taken more pictures of stuff I used as I went along.
That's part of the reason why I have a PhoneArena account. It helps me keep track of phones I have had and I can arrange them in the order I had them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozis