WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So many of the Android brands I like are floundering. Some days I wonder if I shpuld just give in and get a Samsung. If I did, it's between the S10+ and the Note 10.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
That's part of the reason why I have a PhoneArena account. It helps me keep track of phones I have had and I can arrange them in the order I had them.
I have a spreadsheet that keeps track of the phones that I have cycled through (flipped as MIA would say) since 2013. Prior to that I had only gone through 5 phones in 9 years

Right now I have 5 phones.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
So many of the Android brands I like are floundering. Some days I wonder if I should just give in and get a Samsung. If I did, it's between the S10+ and the Note 10.

As someone who never had a flagship Samsung before the S10e, I feel like they are a great middle ground. According to Laura, the S10+ audio experience is decent so you would be able to use your headphones that are capable.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I have a spreadsheet that keeps track of the phones that I have cycled through (flipped as MIA would say) since 2013. Prior to that I had only gone through 5 phones in 9 years

Right now I have 5 phones.

Nice! I know that includes an iPhone and Pixel. Have you decided which ones you'll keep?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
The FaceID is starting to gnaw at me, it's really the only knock I have on the 4XL. But damn, that camera is something else. I'll give it another week 'cause I'm not relishing the thought of going back to the fruit farm.

Any phone that needs to incorporate RADAR should be an easy reason to get rid of it. Google analytics at its best...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Any phone that needs to incorporate RADAR should be an easy reason to get rid of it. Google analytics at its best...

If not for the camera, it would be a no-brainer. There are plenty of other phones that look better, perform better or have more features. Lord knows there are plenty with better battery life but few, if any, match the camera on the 4XL. The argument to go back to the Note 9 grows exponentially. Better to have a poorly placed FPS than none at all. The Note 9's camera is no slouch either - far from it. I have to talk to the pillow on this one.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
If not for the camera, it would be a no-brainer. There are plenty of other phones that look better, perform better or have more features. Lord knows there are plenty with better battery life but few, if any, match the camera on the 4XL. The argument to go back to the Note 9 grows exponentially. Better to have a poorly placed FPS than none at all. The Note 9's camera is no slouch either - far from it. I have to talk to the pillow on this one.

Ya ever since Google implemented their own AI visual core chip for post processing...

I owned the pixel xl and pixel 2xl and never had any images quite like it ever. The PureView on my Lumia was the only thing better or comparable.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Maybe Microsoft got out of the phone business in the nick of time? Seeing China fluctuate as it has, mobile phone sales sinking for some time now, technology leaps are more like baby steps, etc...Someone over there knew a lil something.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Some of the places I walk, I wish you could see. Some of conditions people are existing (cuz you cannot truly be living in those) are beyond atrocious.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Some of the places I walk, I wish you could see. Some of conditions people are existing (cuz you cannot truly be living in those) are beyond atrocious.
Back in 2010 I was the Mechanical PM on a renovation project at the Miami VA consisting of 9 new ORs and 2 new Cystoscopic rooms. From the moment we started our pre-con walk-through I needed a drink. A blunt, an 8-ball or anything to make me forget what I had just witnessed. The facilities were appallingly disgusting. There were many vets meandering the hallways with a look on their faces that let you know their bodies were in Miami but their minds were in another galaxy. Seeing as many homeless vets as we do and the condition they come back from deployment is unacceptable in the greatest country on Earth. I would never give my blessing to a son of mine to join the military. This reno project came on the heels of the HIV and Hep C scandal at various VAs in Florida maybe you remember reading or hearing about it.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Back in 2010 I was the Mechanical PM on a renovation project at the Miami VA consisting of 9 new ORs and 2 new Cystoscopic rooms. From the moment we started our pre-con walk-through I needed a drink. A blunt, an 8-ball or anything to make me forget what I had just witnessed. The facilities were appallingly disgusting. There were many vets meandering the hallways with a look on their faces that let you know their bodies were in Miami but their minds were in another galaxy. Seeing as many homeless vets as we do and the condition they come back from deployment is unacceptable in the greatest country on Earth. I would never give my blessing to a son of mine to join the military. This reno project came on the heels of the HIV and Hep C scandal at various VAs in Florida maybe you remember reading or hearing about it.

Stuff like this happens all the time. All it takes is for those involved to not give a farts cousin about it. However the higher up you are the bigger of an issue or aftermath that gets left behind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozis