WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Back in 2010 I was the Mechanical PM on a renovation project at the Miami VA consisting of 9 new ORs and 2 new Cystoscopic rooms. From the moment we started our pre-con walk-through I needed a drink. A blunt, an 8-ball or anything to make me forget what I had just witnessed. The facilities were appallingly disgusting. There were many vets meandering the hallways with a look on their faces that let you know their bodies were in Miami but their minds were in another galaxy. Seeing as many homeless vets as we do and the condition they come back from deployment is unacceptable in the greatest country on Earth. I would never give my blessing to a son of mine to join the military. This reno project came on the heels of the HIV and Hep C scandal at various VAs in Florida maybe you remember reading or hearing about it.
That's pretty bad. Since we are swapping war stories...

The client I saw today 28 years on the Air Force. The apartment needs to be completely gutted and redone. Management is fighting tooth and nail not to do it and put her back in there. And her medical conditions list is a mile long. She's sleeping on an office chair.

They just dispose of people in public housing, having them just be cash dispensers for rent. My coworker has a client whose toilet was busted for so long she was peeing by sitting at the edge of the tub; fell backwards and got a mild concussion one day. I was in an apartment recently with a hole so big in the wall, I was waiting for a NYC rat to hop out at any moment. And ofncourse there was mold all over.

Makes you want to throw some of these elected officials in there for a day and barricade the doors so they cannot get out.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Stuff like this happens all the time. All it takes is for those involved to not give a farts cousin about it. However the higher up you are the bigger of an issue or aftermath that gets left behind.
In my line of work, I don't have the luxury to say "stuff like this happens all the time." - even if it indeed does happen constantly. I'm still expected to get results and find ways to fix these issues.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
In my line of work, I don't have the luxury to say "stuff like this happens all the time." - even if it indeed does happen constantly. I'm still expected to get results and find ways to fix these issues.
I understand and don't get me wrong in that by what I'm saying. I'm not dismissing it at all... Folks who can go on to the next day ignoring what's really out there when they are a part of it don't have any clue what it's like to live in it first hand. I'm not saying I would understand either but I've been around some jacked up situations and know enough from firsthand DES stories etc.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I understand and don't get me wrong in that by what I'm saying. I'm not dismissing it at all... Folks who can go on to the next day ignoring what's really out there when they are a part of it don't have any clue what it's like to live in it first hand. I'm not saying I would understand either but I've been around some jacked up situations and know enough from firsthand DES stories etc.
Can you elaborate the acronym DES?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Just updated my Oppo Reno 2 to the latest software version with the Jan 2020 update. The India website of Oppo makes it a breeze to install the update.

Wish this was made as easy by Huawei and Xiaomi.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Just updated my Oppo Reno 2 to the latest software version with the Jan 2020 update. The India website of Oppo makes it a breeze to install the update.

Wish this was made as easy by Huawei and Xiaomi.
OPPO does nice work there. If it were my older days, I'd be rocking a Reno 10x Zoom.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Well I caved in and unboxed the 7T and put in my spare SIM card. Waiting for all the apps and updated to clear up and then will put primary SIM card in it for a test drive.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Was in B&H yesterday. I still really, really like the Xperia 5. I do admire the Xperia 1. I just can't cosigning buying either at their prices. And with Sony Mobile being so finicky, I'm getting tired of picking failing OEMs (no offense Rue).
The struggle is real, along with the price as well.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Not really. I just have a feel as to what I'm looking for and what I'm not interested in overpaying to get.

I figured as much. I meant in regards to wanting what you want, but being over dealing with these OEMs.
As we have discussed before, Sony's pricing isn't helping them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozis