WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I was planning to do that if the V series was still the daily driver. Now that it isn't for the next stretch, that stuff has to wait. I'm not committing to this thing as the daily long term just yet.
I'm happy to report that, at least for me, the Gear app is broke on Android 10. Which is why I haven't updated my Mate 20 Pro. Now, I can still use the 9 Pureview, but since it won't be paired to my Galaxy Watch, it's a half assed experience. Guess this is the one time LG's slow software updates isn't an issue. This annoys me greatly as the GF's S10+ was on 9.0 when I paired her galaxy sport when she swapped phones. She is chugging along without any issues. I see here that my watch is on One UI 1.5 and what I've read is that the fix will be in One UI 2.0. Hooray!

So guess that puts the Nokia back into the box. I'm not pulling out Android Wear for this. SMH.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
If you buying this thing for the audio, you'll be disappointed. It's OK for that. Screen is gorgeous though, I'll tell you that.
No worries. I did not mean headphone output. I'm not picky in that "area". I use a dsp or the like and would utilize the bluetooth for aptx or the signal over usbc. I rarely use any analog output for quality audio even though I have a v30.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Because knowledge makes money. If others know what you have, it makes you less valuable in the eyes of management.

I see that a lot in my line of work, because on the one hand, shared knowledge is essential and on the other hand breakthroughs make serious money. I had old mentor talk about a skill she learned once. I asked her if she would be able to teach me - and I was willing to pay for it because I wasn't asking for free - and she still ignored me. There are a ton of idea thieves too out there. My current supervisor did that to me, and while I think she is OK as a person, she doesn't get out of me as far as ideas go. Both my supervisors at the current job did this and because I sensed they were idea thieves, the ones I gave on the surface looked good, but if you're the discerning type you'd see that you shouldn't use them as is or you look like an ***.

Shouldn't have to do this, but you have to do this in 'Murica as original innovation is king.
In engineering the company you work for owns everything you create. It's in your employment contract. This is so long as it's engineering related.

I know you're referring to transfer of skills and to be honest I think those who greedily hold onto things like that are not thinking big picture. Unless you have some desire to start your own business and it will be your IP it's pretty much a selfish thing. A way to be seen as special. I find it sad it happens like that in your industry at all. My wife would just shake her head.

I've always passed on knowledge. It doesn't hurt me in any way. I couldn't fathom not doing it. That's not saying there aren't those in my industry not doing it but I've often found most like to share.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
In engineering the company you work for owns everything you create. It's in your employment contract. This is so long as it's engineering related.

I know you're referring to transfer of skills and to be honest I think those who greedily hold onto things like that are not thinking big picture. Unless you have some desire to start your own business and it will be your IP it's pretty much a selfish thing. A way to be seen as special. I find it sad it happens like that in your industry at all. My wife would just shake her head.

I've always passed on knowledge. It doesn't hurt me in any way. I couldn't fathom not doing it. That's not saying there aren't those in my industry not doing it but I've often found most like to share.
Most industries are resource challenged. So innovative ideas are always highly prized. But in a resource dirth driven industry such as mine, knowing the right resource becomes huge. Programs open and close all the time, so much of the landscape is shifting. You go to school, get into a great amount of debt that takes eons to clear to show you're capable of this level of responsibility. People are inclined to build their own networks and support others who are more like minded paradigm wise.

All this context makes it harder for some to train others outside of the basics needed to do the job. Even in graduate school for my industry I had to be careful of how much of my ideas I put in papers because some professors steal **** all the time.

It's as Mr. Clue said, gotta keep a few aces up the sleeve. Which is why I don't say much. It's sad, but that's the current landscape.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
No worries. I did not mean headphone output. I'm not picky in that "area". I use a dsp or the like and would utilize the bluetooth for aptx or the signal over usbc. I rarely use any analog output for quality audio even though I have a v30.

Is the V30 your main phone? Any thoughts on that experience?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Is the V30 your main phone? Any thoughts on that experience?
Yes. The v30 Plus. It is a very well-rounded phone. And because I can unlock the bootloader I'm able to add additional LG features that are found on their other models like the EQ and the DTS sound 3D. The screen is bright enough and in the hand it's a great usable phone for me. Not to mention it's 128 GB

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
The v30 has it all pretty much. An OLED display, double tap, a great display for touch as I can use double top and all functions even with gloves on... granted aybe not winter gloves probably or even heavy work gloves but within reason. The Loud speaker is Great and of course great overall Sound output, it's updated to Android Pie which is not a huge deal but good enough and it never really lags... only when I first Boot it up.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Yes. The v30 Plus. It is a very well-rounded phone. And because I can unlock the bootloader I'm able to add additional LG features that are found on their other models like the EQ and the DTS sound 3D. The screen is bright enough and in the hand it's a great usable phone for me. Not to mention it's 128 GB

Nice! It sounds like it is working for you.

Chuck Finley69

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
We've surveyed 100 'Muricans and "going after low hanging fruit on Twitter" is the top answer on the board.

Well that strategy did seem to win last time... now it will be Titan vs Titan if mister mayor mccheese wins the nomination on the left...

Like watching the WWE on TV with old Vince McMahon himself

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The v30 has it all pretty much. An OLED display, double tap, a great display for touch as I can use double top and all functions even with gloves on... granted aybe not winter gloves probably or even heavy work gloves but within reason. The Loud speaker is Great and of course great overall Sound output, it's updated to Android Pie which is not a huge deal but good enough and it never really lags... only when I first Boot it up.
As I mentioned in another post, maybe another thread, I used a V30 for a couple of weeks and I'll be damned if that isn't the nicest display I've seen in a while. All time maybe. The in-hand feel is great but the power button/FPS wasn't well situated. For someone with smaller hands it may work great but I didn't care for it. My only real gripe with it was the battery life. It was marginally better than the G6 which was the worst of all times on any planet.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
As I mentioned in another post, maybe another thread, I used a V30 for a couple of weeks and I'll be damned if that isn't the nicest display I've seen in a while. All time maybe. The in-hand feel is great but the power button/FPS wasn't well situated. For someone with smaller hands it may work great but I didn't care for it. My only real gripe with it was the battery life. It was marginally better than the G6 which was the worst of all times on any planet.
LG is turrible at tuning their screens power wise recently. It's one of the reasons why the G8 was a disappointment for me. I figure an LG with a big battery can mitigate their tuning for power consumption in the interim.

Otherwise, I agree with all your points.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So I took the 9 Pureview out today.

I love this style form factor. Size is just right for me. Screen is nice and to my liking. Glance is tastefully done, but not as nice as it was on Windows. Weight is good. Phone flies. Stock Android 10 isn't that unusable.

Samsung's shenanigans with the watch situation sucks really bad and kills part of the experience for me. Audio playback on the Sabbats are too low. Good, but too low. It is nice and loud enough on USB-C.

I need a new case as the Tudia is a massive dust magnet and I keep smudging the cameras.

I feel I have to break the screen to use the FPS with the tempered glass on. It works most of the time though, but is still slow as molasses. I think I'd enjoy this a little more if it was a 3700mah battery. I cannot fully judge because I'm not able to use my full set up.

Nokia's radios are a treat. No complaints there.

So it's back to the LG tomorrow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozis