WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So we're in lockdown until April 15th now...

Hopefully this helps. I have my doubts but fingers crossed.

I think the lockdown will go longer still but who knows?

Apparently they're testing a vaccine in the USA on humans (bypassing the usual animal testing) already but it's a small trial. Hopefully it's good...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So I recently played around with Snapseed to try out some of the more advanced features.

The weather before now was pretty dire and now I can't currently go anywhere so I decided to make one of my pictures nicer.

This is what I came up with using two pictures.

It's not bad I guess for a phone app.DSC_0529-01.jpgDSC_0616_1584633655984.jpgDSC_0616-02-01.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So the Mi 9 for work is over. The replacement is here and all being well, I'll pick it up Monday. I have no idea what I'm getting. I'm hopeful it's an iPhone 8 but wouldn't be surprised if it's a 7.

I can see why people liked the Mi 9. I can see why people flashed the Pixel Experience ROM on it. I'd love to run on this an old school AOSP ROM with GMS and I can pick what Gapps I want. Those days are gone though. It's a solid phone.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
So the Mi 9 for work is over. The replacement is here and all being well, I'll pick it up Monday. I have no idea what I'm getting. I'm hopeful it's an iPhone 8 but wouldn't be surprised if it's a 7.

I can see why people liked the Mi 9. I can see why people flashed the Pixel Experience ROM on it. I'd love to run on this an old school AOSP ROM with GMS and I can pick what Gapps I want. Those days are gone though. It's a solid phone.

I'm glad that you are finally getting a proper work phone.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Got bored being indoors, stood in the middle of road and shot this...
(edited, esp on the roads & vehicles)
"Sunset of our lives"
d17703767400f0009be12d398b8755bc.jpg

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
2 weeks of work from home. It's way busier than usual. I would happily trade this in and go work at the office. It's been non stop on the computer and headset for 9 hours straight every day of the week.

I'm exhausted.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad that you are finally getting a proper work phone.
My Mi 9 is a proper work phone. . This exercise proves it. Remember, this was using it in a less than ideal situation and it held up just fine. I do like the device, I just think I'm going to redeploy it in a very different way.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
2 weeks of work from home. It's way busier than usual. I would happily trade this in and go work at the office. It's been non stop on the computer and headset for 9 hours straight every day of the week.

I'm exhausted.
That close quarters stuff is the most brutal and under discussed part of this whole bit.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
My Mi 9 is a proper work phone. . This exercise proves it. Remember, this was using it in a less than ideal situation and it held up just fine. I do like the device, I just think I'm going to redeploy it in a very different way.

Haha this is true. For what you do, I don't see a reason why you should use a phone that is a personal device for this. That's what I mean. This sounds like a plan. I feel like it could be different if it was your own thing you were doing.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Sucks to even think about it but I have a suspicion that domestic violence is going to increase tenfold but it will be kept silent.
It's one of those unintended consequences that gets swallowed in a pandemic. One of the more common places for help is in the ER. The ills of the world still continue, in spite of the presence of covid-19.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Grinding away quietly on lock down. Not much else to say.

I feel that. While this has been a lot (and still is), I am a student who is scheduled to graduate this semester (with or without a ceremony) so I'm back on that. Our spring break was extended and motivation has been tough, but while it's on, I'm getting school stuff done as I can. One paper down (was due today, so it's not like I had a choice lol), another one to go. The virtual class experience will be interesting for sure.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So I'm looking through the collection as I shift through the latest round of itches. Feelings are the same...adding a Pixel, another Chinese exotic, and something else.

Glad these are only feelings right now. Ain't got no extra to make any moves.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So I'm looking through the collection as I shift through the latest round of itches. Feelings are the same...adding a Pixel, another Chinese exotic, and something else.

Glad these are only feelings right now. Ain't got no extra to make any moves.
One of my favorite features from LG is the secure boot/secure encryption. I don't keep as much data locally that cannot be replaced these days in the event a phone gets stolen. Still, I'd rather have it be a paperweight in those situations. So I keep it on for all my LG's so once it gets powered off, that's usually it.

Well, some may say it redundant as people don't steal LG's. Phone is a phone though...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
The V60 looks really good and polarizing. The white color looks awesome. It's a big phone, that's for sure. LG is going even more mainstream. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'm hopeful that it works, as they've been keeping up the the joneses specs wise and that didn't work.

I think with that and the new direction of the G9, maybe that will help. The issues I've had with them are that they took too long to refine their lineup and that there software support hasn't been great.

I don't think I'll get the V60. Not so much because of the size. It's more of I liked the combination of the where the old V series got to. I like the package offered by the V50 more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria