We need real medical apps for windows phone

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Looks like Unbound Medicine is pulling out of Windows Phone, or they just forgot to renew their developer subscription because all but three of their apps are gone... sad to see a plethora of medical apps just disappear for Windows Phone 7.x users. MPR is really the only medication database us professionals can use now if we have a Windows Phone and no signal... hope they don't jump ship either. This makes it extremely difficult to recommend Windows Phone to colleagues, Microsoft needs to realize that they need to hit all markets, and the professional market was largely theirs, and they're letting it bleed off.

DKDogz54

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Just email unbound medicine. Here is their response:

Thank you for contacting Unbound Medicine support. Window's Phones are no
longer supported at this time. Unbound Medicine creates applications that
work on the same platform as Blackberry, iOS and also Android mobile
devices. Window's Phones have recently made changes to their operating
system that is unique and does not work the same as our other
applications. We hope to be able to support Window's in the future but at
this time are not able to do so because of the change to their new
operating system for their newer phones.

I thought the statement was weird because the apps were working on my lumia 920.

I'm getting more disappointed with the platform at this point. It seems support for the medical community has taken a step back. I am okay without leisure apps like temple run 2 and instagram, but these medical reference guides are closer to being a requirement for me than those other apps. I hope things change in the next few months. The rumored uptodate app would really patch things up.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Just email unbound medicine. Here is their response:

Thank you for contacting Unbound Medicine support. Window's Phones are no
longer supported at this time. Unbound Medicine creates applications that
work on the same platform as Blackberry, iOS and also Android mobile
devices. Window's Phones have recently made changes to their operating
system that is unique and does not work the same as our other
applications. We hope to be able to support Window's in the future but at
this time are not able to do so because of the change to their new
operating system for their newer phones.

I thought the statement was weird because the apps were working on my lumia 920.

I'm getting more disappointed with the platform at this point. It seems support for the medical community has taken a step back. I am okay without leisure apps like temple run 2 and instagram, but these medical reference guides are closer to being a requirement for me than those other apps. I hope things change in the next few months. The rumored uptodate app would really patch things up.

I can't remember where, maybe this forum, but someone said that's a common developer excuse that they use even if it isn't true.

DKDogz54

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I can understand if they used that as an excuse to not update the app, but they could have just left the old one in the marketplace in the time being. Medicine doesn't change so drastically over a year. All we need is a menu, a bunch of text, and the occasional illustration for reference.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I can understand if they used that as an excuse to not update the app, but they could have just left the old one in the marketplace in the time being. Medicine doesn't change so drastically over a year. All we need is a menu, a bunch of text, and the occasional illustration for reference.
because they don't want to pay dev fees to keep their apps on there.... Lame but that's their way of cost cutting. All we have left is MPR. Luckily I was able to backup some of their apps. An alternative right now is using either medscape or drugs.com. Horrible, but their info is derived from like micromedex and they both have mobile sites. This wouldn't be a huge problem if lexicomp, micromedex and epocrates had mobile sites.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs