Weekly photo contest: HDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'll have to come back and study this thread... Some good examples of what to do and what not to do, IMHO,

So HDR is new to me and thanks to Sam Sabri for the chance to stretch. Being that it is a new skill I'm trying to pick up, I took a lot of shots: interiors, landscapes, walls of candy in a store, at a museum I took pics of paintings and various objet d'art, also on the grounds of the museum in the sculpture garden and the architecture there... I'm bummed that when I went to the Nelson-Atkins they were not displaying Benton's The Hail Storm as I really wanted a whack at that one. I pulled off the road and snapped some shots of a beautiful brick church with a nice steeple tower. I waded out in a field and took pics of the cattle pond reflecting the sky and the golden rod in bloom...

In the end, none pleased me so much as a simple still life I arranged. I like the way the composition came together and the subtle enhancements from the HDR. So here is:

Field Notes

Field Notes.jpg

Taken with a Nokia Lumia 1520.3. I used ProShot in full HDR mode. 3 shots merged, +/- 2.3EV, auto everything else. It was low light with full sun, but windows at a distance and a shade canopy on that side of the house. I then ran it through Nokia Creative Studio for a reframe to 4:3 aspect and some small tweaks on the sliders, especially lightening the shadows and increasing clarity a smidge.

Reynaldo Navedo

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Work.jpg

This photo was took with a Lumia Icon. App HDR Photo Camera which is good. No over editions after that. This is a morning on my job after an overnight shift. Enjoying HDR un unknown how to do before this contest, thank you guys.

12ColourPencils

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I have no idea what I'm doing. Tried out a few shots while waiting for the tube. I used 4Blend HDR, crop a little. It's quite fun, I will start using HDR more. Shot on Lumia 635.

HDR.jpg

z8er

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Think I missed the cutoff time, but here's my entry anyhow. Taken with HDR Photo Camera and edited in Fhotoroom. Lumia 920. Thanks for looking!

FR0015.jpg

RrobinHood

May 28, 2014
Visit site
WP_20140731_3157.jpg

This awsome picture was captured by myself with my Lumia 925 with fhotolens in basic HDR mode. Nothing was cropped and nothing was edited. Just as is.

I captured it on the top of the big hill in Austria. Near Slovenia boarder. It was very cloudy day, but at the top of the hill there was an awsome sunset. Magnificent view!

PratLegacy

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Dropped my phone on college pavement by accident(Psst.. Not a scratch!).. Thats when i got the idea to take a shot of my vibrant environment.

Tweaked up the colors in the HDR using Fantasia.
Taken using Lumia 1320, at Bangalore.

fotor_(26).jpg

viru k

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
WP_20140923_18_19_53_4BHDR.jpg
the pic was taken using 4blend hdr app using my lumia 1520 in the evening when i was going for badminton..at hyderabad.

Attachments

• WP_20140923_18_19_53_4BHDR.jpg
    WP_20140923_18_19_53_4BHDR.jpg
    468.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

croceamors

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
11177121526_2c4b7369f5_o.jpg
Note: Taken with Nokia Lumia 1020 - Exposure bracketing with five shots. Hint for Microsoft. Can you please make it possible for us to use full Manual mode? The same thing that we have on our DSLR cameras. Now it's impossible to lock Exposure time, Sensitivity (ISO) and Aperture - all together. I really miss that. I think I already saw that on Android and iPhone devices too.

PhotoMatix was used for HDR processing, but some adjustments were made in Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop too.

The day when I took this shot was extremely windy and cold. It was like being in the Arctic. I had two hats on my head and my fur gloves were just nearly enough to warm my hands a little bit. But my face which wasn?t protected by anything other than glasses ? I thought it would get frozen. Same with my nose.

I was really surprised that all my electronic devices actually worked. The headphone cord was completely stiff from cold but the phone and my video glasses from Pivothead luckily operated just like at room temperatures.

RyanNave

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
WP_20140923_19_23_16_4BHDR.jpg

Taken with my Lumia 1020 using 4Blend HDR and adjusted the vibrance and brightness using Lumia Creative Studio

JW Indianapolis - Big blue building reflecting the city

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2