What Bluetooth Devices have you successfully used with your 950 ?

Richard_Indy

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I have used my Wireless Display Adapter to check out Continuum. I have setup the following devices and used each one with Continuum in mind:
1) Arc Touch Mouse
2) Logitech K480 Keyboard
3) Surface Wireless Adapter for Type Keyboards (attached the the Surface Pro 3 keyboard of course)

I'm wondering if you have a Bluetooth speaker or headphones if the sound would go through those by default or would it still go through the Wireless Display adapter via the HDMI connection on the tv?

Richard_Indy

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Two observations when I had my SP3 Keyboard Bluetooth connected to my 950 via the Microsoft Wireless Adapter for Type keyboards: I got a Mouse pointer on the Screen of the 950 (while NOT connected to Continuum) and the letters ENG appeared next to the Bluetooth symbol up by the Cellular bars and Wifi bars... I am assuming that somehow the English could be changed or it may follow the system wide settings in the Time & Settings portion of Settings.

plandyman

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
I've connected to a Bose sound bar and my Santa Fe with no issues music plays without a problem except in the car it comes through really quiet. Might need an audio cord instead.

Mallguvner

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Both Blueant and Jawbone hands free devices work fine. Something my HTC One for Windows could never do was work properly with the Jawbone. 950 seems to have lost that problem for me...

MG

soil2oil

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Linked a 950 easily with the Aukey outdoor speaker advertised on WindowsCentral recently
Will NOT connect with my JBL PowerUp, PlayUp or 2 Nokia MD-12's.
(Qi works on the JBL PlayUp but then again that's separate from Bluetooth)

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I've paired with the Blue & Me car system just fine, but have not been able to pair with the DT-903 Nokia wireless charger yet (it never shows in the list of bluetooth devices). Likewise, my Band2 seems to have become stuck in the pairing process somewhere between the device itself and the Health app. The fellow at the MS store suggests I re-download the Health app, and it looks like I'll have to let the Band2's battery drain in order to try to pair again.

Update: I was able to pair the Band2. For some reason, after I purchased the 950 at AT&T and selected to restore a very recent backup, the MS Health app came up with the Band settings on the right side of the app, as was seen in an older build. By deleting the app and re-downloading, I was able to pair the Band2. Actually, I chose to restart the whole device and to not select a backup, and am reinstalling those apps which I really need, not the plethera of once-used apps.

Last edited:

fuzzed1

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Windows Mobile 10 now will sync messages with the Ford Explorer SYNC which is nice! But now Cortana and SYNC will read or notify my of new messages. I'll have to figure out how to disable it within SYNC on Ford.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I use Beats wireless headphones without any issues. I paid $200 for those headphones, then a week later they went on sale on Black Friday for $100. Owned :'(. They're awesome and work great with the 950 though and I'd recommend if you don't mind the cost.

PMantle

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Success with Nyne Bass and my two TDK Life on Record speakers as well as two dongle thingies with 3.5 mm output.

Problem has been NFC. It doesn't seem to be working ta all. I have to wait a really long time for the devices to show up.

cowboy6201

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Working great with my Band 2 as well as my Artic Bluetooth headphones and my Ford my touch sync in my 2013 escape. connected right away to sync no issues at all.

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I've connected with my Band1, Band2, Car, and MS wireless display adapter to my TV. Things work pretty well, although in the early days of owning my 950, the Band1 connection was sporadic. But for at least the past six months, it's been rock solid.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
(950XL, DS, US):
Savi 720 Headset.
Merkury Speaker.
Lg HBS750.
Surface Pro 3 type cover with a bluetooth wireless adaptor.
Netgear Push2TV (PTV2000).

Robert Novak1

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Dell Venue 8 Pro
Dell Venue 11 Pro
2014 Subaru Legacy
OBDII scanner
Banana Boat BT speaker
Groove BT speaker
My desktop
Motorola Roaster 2