What features does iOS have that W10M doesn't?

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Single biggest reason W10 (even Andriod) win over iOS is the lack of app drawer.
iOS forces all installed apps to have a tile that cannot be removed.

STUPID UINTUITIVE LAZY PROGRAMMING

Multitasking is terrible, executing a search or SIRI is painful, no widget/tile capabilities, navigation is crude and stupid, email client sucks, maps and navigation are worlds behind windows maps.

Microsoft Outlook on iOS is the BEST email client of all platforms. I read an article recently on this website that the email client only recently started rendering emails correctly? Also if you are trying to say that Windows Maps is better than Waze/Google Maps you lose 100% credibility as that is a complete lie.

Also, realize that the majority of Microsoft employees don't even use W10M.

ayngling

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
It's not about apps, it's about features. Pleeeeease let us know how that Priv works out.

I have been using the Priv for a few months now, switching between that and a Lumia 950. Hardware wise the Priv is great, and the software additions BlackBerry has made are really good. I would claim it is the best Android phone on the market for business people, its strengths being productivity and security. The build quality is great, so it feels as premium as any iPhone.

However, after having used Windows 10 mobile, Android feels... I dunno, it just feels a lot less comfortable to use. BlackBerry 10 was the best mobile OS I have ever used (the interaction design was incredible), but Windows 10 is pretty close, much better than Android. If you add continuum, it really feels like the future of mobile computing. (I just wish I could buy a Win10 phone with a physical keyboard.) So, I have ended up using the 950 more than the Priv, despite cursing every time I write a long mail.

ayngling

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft Outlook on iOS is the BEST email client of all platforms.

Really? I have not tried Outlook on iOS, but use it daily on my Lumia 950. The Win10 mobile version is painfully bad compared to BlackBerry Hub (a brilliant notification center + mail/messaging client). If you have tried BB Hub and still thinks Outlook on iOS is better I'd be very impressed (and happy, assuming those features will make their way to Win10 eventually.)

M4cc45

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
iOS Pros:
Reliable notifications
Stable - very rare it requires a restart
Apps are released daily and work well
New features get adopted straight away (i.e. Apple Pay)

iOS Cons:
Inbuilt email app is woeful
Looks old hat now - no inovation as such

WM10 - Pros
More control
Email / Calendar is much better
Camera is superb

WM10 - Cons
Notifications are woeful - 30 minute+ delay compared to iOS
Why would I want to mess around with iris recognition? Seriously put a fingerprint reader on there!
QA in the builds is awful - looks like nobody tests them - they fix one thing to break another
Apps are very poor. Most apps are horrid in comparisson to the iOS apps.
The App Store is awful - there should be a forced change log for apps
Realise that Apps on full blown Windows 10 run differently than on a mobile!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria