What major issues remain to be solved in Windows 10 for PCs before Anniversary update?

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm on Redstone and I think it's worse because I have several all synced to same ms account.

it might be fixed, haven't had it forget the slideshow since I got the last of them to 14390.

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site
better sync for outlook & calendar:
- mail folders in outlook often show unreaded mails (especially after reboots); opening that folder don't show any unread mail, but the unread counter in the mail folder still says "1-n unread mails"... workaround: set one mail to "unread" and click on that mail again to read/open - unread counter will be resetted
- Calendar only syncs entries of the last 2 weeks and all in the future; there is no way to sync ALL entries of the past

better handling of favorite folders in mail:
- no option to move up/down favorite folders

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
[INFO]Thread cleaned.
Thank you all for your patience.

Please continue in a respectful manner as you normally do.[/INFO]

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
better sync for outlook & calendar:
- mail folders in outlook often show unreaded mails (especially after reboots); opening that folder don't show any unread mail, but the unread counter in the mail folder still says "1-n unread mails"... workaround: set one mail to "unread" and click on that mail again to read/open - unread counter will be resetted
- Calendar only syncs entries of the last 2 weeks and all in the future; there is no way to sync ALL entries of the past

better handling of favorite folders in mail:
- no option to move up/down favorite folders

Not only this but mails need to open quicker. I mean, tapping on a mail and watching a white screen before it begins to load is unacceptable..

at2016

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
the most annoying issue is that WIN 10 Mail app does not support "functional" email aliases.
It is just ridiculous that the mail app can not have the same ability as the WIN 8.1 mail app, most notably where it was possible to swap "from" email addresses easily when composing emails.

aybarrap1

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Mail app definitely needs improvement with syncing and opening of messages. It is bad enough that I usually just leave a browser window open with my email. As far as Netflix, I guess I have a lucky one as I have never had issues. Never had issues with wallpaper slideshows either. I don't run insider or developer builds though so I don't know if this has any bearing (mail app is still iffy though).

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I updated to redstone build 14393.5 and one issue I've noticed is that when I start my pc after hibernating, the sign or lock screen wallpaper is missing. It will be there when resuming from sleep or fresh start but not from hibernate

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria