What OS would you choose if Windows Phone was killed in 4 months?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm....I guess I would pop out my old but, reliable HTC Touch Pro 2 for a while, yea, I would miss LTE speeds but, it would avoid me having to sign a contract (losing my unlimited data) till I know what Higher end phone I have to spend $400+ on.

iOS ? No way, and Lagdrod, not sure but, if it was the only choice, I might...MIGHT

I might just wait it out on Microsoft, From the Windows Mobile days, they always had a Mobile Windows of some type (when WP was released, you could still buy WM 6.5 devices for a while). If WP does not work, then what other product will Microsoft release ?

Rem97

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I would go to the BlackBerry Z10. BBM, etc, means a lot to me, but it's not enough to make BB my daily driver while WP exists.

Either that or Ubuntu.

BBM is goin cross platform, so would you still choose a Z10 over the likes of an iPhone 5, HTC One, Galaxy S4 etc?

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
BBM is goin cross platform, so would you still choose a Z10 over the likes of an iPhone 5, HTC One, Galaxy S4 etc?

Over the iPhone 5 and Galaxy S4 definitely, but the HTC One would be hard for me to pass up. However I would probably still go for a Ubuntu phone then get it on my desktop too.

Also BBM will NOT be on WP.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Now that I've stumbled on this thread again (and have finally made up my mind), here is my choice:

DOS.

Now, where is that Homura deal with it pic when I needed it?

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
This is a tough but interesting question.

For me, iPhone would not be an option. Maybe I would choose Android because it seems to be the least crappy OS, but in order to answer that I would first have to get hands-on experience with competing OS like sailfish, BB10, ubuntu or firefox OS (I do believe these systems might struggle with app support). I really liked a lot of the webOS screenshots, but unfortunatelly that OS is dead. Maybe Meego, though.

3earnhardt3

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I would honestly get rid of my smartphone and get a badass windows tablet. I have a w700 and a w500 but would love a 7-8 inch surface like tablet. I have used ios and android and find both blah. Blackberry does not interest me at all. Though WP isn't going anywhere, MS will just rename/rebrand/reinvent until something sticks.

teebomus

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
WebOS. 😊. Still miss the swipe and card concept. My wifes on android so may join that.
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
If this was to come to light, I wouldn't touch android again or ios with a barge pole. I'd get a meego phone or pick up my old touch pro 2 and repair it.. I bought a 10th hand tp2 cmda variant of ebay particular cos it had the 3.5 mm jack as the international version didn't but damn i miss that physical keyboard lol. If I ever ended up with an iphone id jail break it day one.. want to use bluetooth? get an app for that!

Govind Dubey

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Till now I have owned 7Nokia phones(2 Lumia) so what i care is for Nokia and I will be a NOKIA user till it remains and no care and love for android and ios.....

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Hmm..interesting question.
Let's see what we got:
Jolla Sailfish
Android
iOS
BB
Ubuntu...

Yep, that's the one. I would pick Ubuntu for a change. Actually, I might buy another NeXus 4 and then install Ubuntu. Long shot but worth a try.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria