[WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this has been brought up....I received my first spam message. I didn't think quick enough to screen cap it ( I know I should have).
Any way it said something about a video. Just thought I would pass along info.

So is Whatsapp the next target for spam???

judemanutd

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for your message.

WhatsApp Call is still in beta testing and is not yet widely available. As with all of our features, we are working on expanding WhatsApp Call to all of our users. We appreciate your interest but we do not plan to add any beta testers at this time.

WhatsApp Support Team

Mmazeo

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Serious question. Why would I use this over the stock texting app on my 1520?

I really know nothing about WhatsApp, so start with the basics and work up.

sejgiul

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Serious question. Why would I use this over the stock texting app on my 1520?

I really know nothing about WhatsApp, so start with the basics and work up.

It uses data instead of your text allowance. Whatsapp is pretty archaic as in it uses your phone number to connect with people. I hate the bloody app, but can't get around it because everyone seems to use it. Perhaps I'll just revolt one day and not use it anymore...

Thomasmas

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if this has been brought up....I received my first spam message. I didn't think quick enough to screen cap it ( I know I should have).
Any way it said something about a video. Just thought I would pass along info.

So is Whatsapp the next target for spam???

The next target?

WhatsApp has been a popular target for SPAM for years now.
As I am generally careful about giving away my phone number I so far haven't really been affected by it, but it is not a new thing to happen.

judemanutd

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I tried to call my windows phone with the beta from an android device and get the message that I need to update my version. Same was when I tried to call an iOS user. So we need to wait :)
thats definitely better than what i had got which said that i cannot receive calls at the moment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo