When will microsoft release windows 10 for phone? Will Lumia 730 get windows 10 update?

dhilip ravichandran

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

When is the release date of windows 10 phone? and will lumia 730 get windows 10 update?

Besides one of my friend using lumia 535 got an os update last week, but am not getting any update for my lumia 730?

Can we manually download updated windows app, if yes please provide link for download manually.

legend921

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
The expectation is by the end of the year for windows phone 10 for the phone but don't hold Microsoft to it since they haven't released any dates yet. As for your phone the 735 will get it. Don't worry about the is update for 535 as that must have been fixes for the touch screen that he may have downloaded.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
There's no fixed release date for windows 10 for phone. Windows 10 would be coming to all the windows 8 devices. The update which is currently rolling out is Lumia denim which is not WP 10!

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
how is that supposed to happen with a 1020 that phone doesn't even get all the features of Denim
Because denim is heavily camera based but some features are dependent on having more modern processors. W10 is designed to work on even budget phones just like wp8. Now features that require a more modern processor wont work but the core os will.

dysje

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
how is that supposed to happen with a 1020 that phone doesn't even get all the features of Denim

Because Denim/Cyan/Black and the likes are firmware updates. They include drivers, ways to manage the camera hardware and background processing tricks. That's more low level firmware and more invasive. This requires more testing and can impact the device in bigger ways.

Windows Phone (8.1 or 10) is purely operating system. And the way Windows Phone works is that it just reflashes a new image with each update. That's why it takes time to "prepare installation", which basically means extract and prepare image. During the update process your data and settings will repopulate the device and then it's done.

This is safer and easier and less error-prone than the firmware type update that Denim/Cyan brings and isn't all that device dependent if they don't change too much in how Windows works with the hardware. And they don't, as the kernel doesn't change.

The Lumia 1020 doesn't get the firmware updates (Denim etc.) anymore, and neither does the 520, 620, 920, 925, 720, and so on. They do however get the operating system updates. (confusing part is that MS does call it denim on these devices ...)

Since Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 share a similar kernel with similar hardware control and similar ways of managing storage and so on, it will end up being relatively easy to update. That's why the 1020 may not get all the fancy firmware tricks, but will get the Windows 10 upgrade. Don't forget that the Windows 10 upgrade is less invasive than many people think. The changes are not very deep in the OS because 8.1 is already a brilliant and very capable system that already supports most of the changes under the surface that Win10 will bring. All Win10 does is modify the start screen, add a few libraries, apis and some other small-ish features.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

When is the release date of windows 10 phone? and will lumia 730 get windows 10 update?

Besides one of my friend using lumia 535 got an os update last week, but am not getting any update for my lumia 730?

Can we manually download updated windows app, if yes please provide link for download manually.

Welcome to Windows Central! We have a large selection of topics for daily questions you may have about your Nokia Lumia 730.

For today's question, however, no news has been leaked nor mentioned officially. Thankfully, all the information will be announced next week. Also with your friend, he got an update to help fine tune the touch screen, as people were complaining that it wasn't as responsive as they like.

Stay tuned, like the rest of us, to the announcement next week! :D

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
There was something making the rounds about a preview version (and possibly two different builds?) being shown off soon.

That'll be part of next week's announcement. Though, no definitive source has any affirmative information. So stay tuned, and we'll find out a good chunk next week.

harharharris

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Yeah. And from everything hinted at thus far, MS is trying its level best to bring desktop, surface and mobile OS versions as close to each other as possible so that should serve as a good indicator that they might release WP10 mobile sooner. Maybe with a new flagship phone?

luvkv

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

In sort.. Yes it will get window 10 phone..
When!!.. Cant SAY ryt Now..
And i am using window10TP .. And Its rocking on My lumia 730

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo