Where is the HTC Camera Dual Capture mode

JonathanWinbush

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I've been seeing the HTC One commercial running a lot lately where they show someone taking video but its using both the front and rear camera at once to record which looked neat so I went to look it up and don't see the option at all. I noticed the htc camera app has an update in the store but I get an error every time I try to update. Was anyone else able to figure it out?

kevin2577

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not 100% sure that the dual capture mode is available on the builtin HTC Camera app on the M8 for Windows, but there are a few third party apps like DualShot that do the trick.

JonathanWinbush

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
That's kind of the idea but dual shot looks like it only allows you to take photos the one I saw on the commercial did video. I was looking online looks like it might only be available for android at the moment.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I was also having issues with installing the camera update. I fixed it by uninstalling HTC camera and then just installing fresh.

Has 60FPS video recording always been there? Because that's AWESOME

microhaxo#WP

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
They must have pulled the update until they fix the installation issues. I've been waiting for this update since day one. Anything new with it? How is focusing working? Before when you would tap to focus then hit the shutter button, it would always refocus and be blurry. Also it was extremely unstable and buggy. I can't see any updates atm for it in the store. I hope they re release it soon.

sixseven

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been seeing the HTC One commercial running a lot lately where they show someone taking video but its using both the front and rear camera at once to record which looked neat so I went to look it up and don't see the option at all. I noticed the htc camera app has an update in the store but I get an error every time I try to update. Was anyone else able to figure it out?

This sounds interesting. I was able to take a still photo while recording a video. (of what I was videoing, not myself) That was pretty cool, but I think that feature has been there since day one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss