Which has a better camera hp elite x3 or Alcatel idol 4s windows?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
That's weird. Do you think Blackberry applied pressure to them to provide a better firmware? I just think it's said that Alcatel designed such a nice phone and have decided to do nothing to improve it. I will give HP credit. They are continuously making improvements to the Elite. That's what a wise (and usually successful) company does. It looks like I'm going to have to give in and get an Android phone to get a decent camera. Sigh...
No, BlackBerry did what most companies do and put their own firmware in. Alcatel is using the standard Qualcomm firmware from the chip. Even my Acer has its own firmware and the proof is in the pudding as the Primo takes the best pictures of any non-Pureview Windows phone.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Just for snits and giggles, I've decided to throw in another Windows 10 device into this thread. One picture is from the Elite x3 and the other is from the Acer Primo. Tell me what y'all think.

WP_20170901_17_43_37_Pro.jpg

Elite x3 Full Auto

WP_20170901_17_44_20_Pro.jpg

Acer Primo Full Auto

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Just for snits and giggles, I've decided to throw in another Windows 10 device into this thread. One picture is from the Elite x3 and the other is from the Acer Primo. Tell me what y'all think.

View attachment 137184

Elite x3 Full Auto

View attachment 137185

Acer Primo Full Auto

It is obvious there is more white noise in the Elite X3. Looks like a lower light shot and that is one thing HP has tried to improve but they are not in it for the camera wars...The Primo appears and looks better.

Edit: Seems the Primo has more of the natural balance of how the shot should come out.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
It is obvious there is more white noise in the Elite X3. Looks like a lower light shot and that is one thing HP has tried to improve but they are not in it for the camera wars...The Primo appears and looks better.

Edit: Seems the Primo has more of the natural balance of how the shot should come out.
Spot on analysis Nate.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

Tourniquet

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site

View attachment 137184

Elite x3 Full Auto

View attachment 137185

Acer Primo Full Auto

Looking at that pic, I have to say the Elite x3 made 100% the better picture. While I can understand that you like the pic of the Acer more (looks more vivid) but the Elite x3 has far more detail in the pics where the Acer Jade is just black.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Looking at that pic, I have to say the Elite x3 made 100% the better picture. While I can understand that you like the pic of the Acer more (looks more vivid) but the Elite x3 has far more detail in the pics where the Acer Jade is just black.
The HP blew out the clouds (no blue sky) and tree leaves on the edges got blown out too. The Acer photo is accurate as it was almost nightfall.

J Dubbs

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
I bought my wife the Alcatel thinking I was getting her a quality windows phone (even though I knew Alcatel was a low end brand). It takes terrible pictures....her 640xl took way nicer shots. She takes lots of pictures and has me take quite a few on her Alcatel as well for her business.... fortunately she's not too picky.

I bought the phone for next to nothing a while back from a co-worker in like new condition with very little use.... thank goodness, because that thing is the worst phone I've ever dealt with. So many problems, horrible device. I'm sure it didn't help windows mobile stick around any longer :-[

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb