Which should I buy a Refurbished Lumia 1520 E.U model or Lumia 1520 ATT model?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello
i`m thinking of getting a refurbished lumia 1520 from aliexpress.com. the unlocked ATT model is pretty cheap compared to E.U model and i dont really care about its absence of wireless charging. only thing bother about me is the software update for ATT model in future. so should i go ahead and buy ATT model or spend extra for EU model?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Which to buy Refurbished Lumia 1520 E.U model or Lumia 1520 ATT model

You really don't give enough info.

Where are you using it is a main point.

If in the Americas, get an Unlocked ATT or a 1520.3 (RM-938).

If Europe and most of Asia get the E.U. or RM-937.

Of course, there are exceptions to both of those generalities.

If you need more particulars, please join the site so you can reply here in more detail.

rkoforever90

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site

i live in U.K . my main concern is software update Unlocked ATT models do work in U.K. iam wondering whether ATT will ever bother pushing updates to its Lumia 1520 or atleast whether i will be able to install it

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

That simplifies matters for my recommend.

Firstly, while ATT models may work in the UK they would only get H+ data speeds as they are incompatible with LTE frequencies in use in the UK - so that is one factor recommending the E.U. model (RM-937).

Also, a Factory Unlocked Country Variant is far more likely to receive updates going forward. The 1520 on ATT did get 8.1 Update + Denim, but there is no guarantee ATT will approve and push GDR2 or Windows 10 for Phones.

Get the E. U. model.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett