Who is buying the Lumia 830 when it comes out?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know where I can find a fully functional RM-985 variant for purchase? Really considering just buying an RM-984 variant even though I won't get LTE. There are no RM-985s available, except for the prototypes being sold on Ebay with no Glance :(

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
The poster above doesn't have glance working on his phone. However, that is one example. I think it's too early to say "none of the prototypes have glance". I ordered one as well, I'll report back about glance once I get it.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Welp, none of them have Glance after all, though apparently they may eventually get it.

I bit the bullet and ordered an RM-984 variant. I'll just sell it and get an RM-985 once that's being sold somewhere. It's a hassle, but I really want to get my hands on this phone and we have no firm date (or even a rumored one) regarding RM-985 release.

vw1610

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I have the Glance Background app, but it doesn't run. I've installed and uninstalled the app and is never runs.

View attachment 82661View attachment 82662View attachment 82663

I read this from another post.

"I just got off the phone with Nokia USA and they have confirmed that Glance is not working on the prototypes because they are still not supported officially until the release date.

As far as the rep explained, they will receive their proper updates and Glance v3.xx will be made available to all the phones. PHEW! I would REALLY miss glance! So that's good news!"

So I ordered a rm-985 from ebay for 399$

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Does the device say "proto.nokia.com" or anything else on it to indicate it's a prototype aside from the firmware, lack of Glance, and lack of new camera features? Just curious.

YanivC

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if you saw my post. I spoke with a Nokia rep yesterday and he confirmed 100% that Glance will be available as soon as the "product" is made public in the US. He would answer what the "product" is though lol. I want to know does that mean the Denim update or the 830 itself?
Either way, by November all the features will be unlocked.

I got mines Saturday and I love it. It easily replaces anything other than the 1520 and maybe a tie for the 930. If the 930 had replaceable battery and memory expansion then I would say 930, but as it stands now its the 1530, the 830, and then the HTC M8... definitely.

Man, that Duo camera is such an epic fail!

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yup, I saw that. Just mentioning the things that aren't working or fully functional on it right now (until Nokia releases updates for them). But I wanted to know if there was anything on the hardware that would indicate it's a prototype. I've noticed in the past that many Nokia prototypes have "proto.nokia.com" branded on them. Does this have that anywhere?

humantic

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Yup, I saw that. Just mentioning the things that aren't working or fully functional on it right now (until Nokia releases updates for them). But I wanted to know if there was anything on the hardware that would indicate it's a prototype. I've noticed in the past that many Nokia prototypes have "proto.nokia.com" branded on them. Does this have that anywhere?
No other branding then the usual Nokia on the front and back cover.

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Mmmm, I just got an email back from Expansys USA stating that the 830's are RM 985:

" My Missunderstanding. I apologize for that Fred. The Nokia Lumia 830, Its RM is 985.

Regards,
Jorge
"

Fred

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Where did you see that ?
Verizon is CDMA. Sure all of their LTE phones have GSM radios, but I'm pretty sure that all have CDMA also.
Other than the iPhone, I would be very, very surprised if Verizon ever carried a pure GSM device.

Fred

Adding to my confusion, the announcement came out today that the Lumia 735 is indeed headed to Verizon. I hope that doesn't mean then that the 830, or its variant, isn't coming to Verizon! I like the Icon but was really hoping to get my hands on the 830.

Douglas_B

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Where did you see that ?
Verizon is CDMA. Sure all of their LTE phones have GSM radios, but I'm pretty sure that all have CDMA also.
Other than the iPhone, I would be very, very surprised if Verizon ever carried a pure GSM device.
Fred

If Verizon would hurry up their rollout of voice over LTE we might finally be able to use GSM only devices on their network : (

The last rumor I saw about the 730 on verizon was here (cant post links yet, sorry):
wpcentral.com/microsofts-lumia-735-coming-verizon-wireless

No news on the 830 though - I really hope a version is released for verizon but so far none of the FCC documents have shown CDMA bands, at least on the 3 devices we know about.

mohawk apple

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Bell mobility in canada is suppose be getting this phone this coming week oct 8, I'm going to pick one up if they let me buy it out rite with out a plan!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria