Why aren't my app notifications showing in the Action Center?

Sid Pektus

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
App Notifications Are Not Showing In Action Center

What is happening: Notifications like photo comments, tags, favorites, likes, game notifications are not showing up under the action center. This is happening for a certain number of applications (Facebook, Twitter, Path, 6tag, etc). Mostly, none native applications. Only native applications and a few third party applications are showing up in the Action Center as well in the Settings under 'Notifications+Actions.'

What I have tried to do to resolve the issue: I have uninstalled the applications, reboot the phone, reinstalled the applications, checked the settings of the applications itself (eg. checked facebook settings for notifications - they were on). And lastly, restarted/refreshed/formatted the phone. Also, I tried to remove those icons from the lockscreen for their corresponding applications (I've read that somewhere in MS Answers), they said application notifications will only show if they are allowed to run in the background (check) and if they are not included in the Quick Status for the Lockscreen (check).

What I got on my hands: I have a lumia 1320 running the latest firmware available from MS/Nokia, Lumia Denim. I have a 16gb micro SD card in the phone.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: App Notifications Are Not Showing In Action Center

Only applications that support toast notifications show up in the notification center, apps that support tile notifications do not show up in the notification center. The apps you mention, especially facebook, have you enabled the notification type as toast+tile?

Sid Pektus

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site

By the way, I am using the Facebook app by MS (Not the Beta from MS). Yes, I have enabled toast+tile notifications. Instagram Beta is working fine, a couple of XBOX Games (Make It Rain and Age of Empires), Twitter by MS, Glance Screen (?), and Extras+Info (?). *I dunno why those last two apps are there. :p

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Glance Screen (?), and Extras+Info (?). *I dunno why those last two apps are there. :p

Glance and extras+info were once updated which prompted a "tap to update" toast notification which triggered them showing under notification center