Why can't I update to Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1 Lumia 1020?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why i cannot update to Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1 Lumia 1020

Hello all, first i bought the phone in restart loop. I fixed it by flashing older rom with Phone Image Designer. It boots when i am using older rom but when i try to update to 8.1 GDR1 my Lumia is again stuck in restart loop. Tried hard reset and it doesn't help. The phone is AT&T so i cannot try flashing another image than AT&T image. In my country there is no Nokia Care store and no AT&T and I don't have AT&T sim can this be a problem? Thank you

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why i cannot update to Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1 Lumia 1020

Rather than using "Phone Image Designer", you may want to try using the Windows Phone Recovery Tool to re-install the appropriate OS for your L1020.

sini6a

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I have tried that but nothing seems to work except the older software. I am now downloading the latest software via Windows Phone Recovery tool and try if I stuck again i will write here again. Thank you all best :grin:

sini6a

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Untitled.png

sini6a

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Thank you, first i tried using Developers preview it asked me to update the regular way i think this is because i need more recent software then it comes to developers preview software. I can start the phone on older software and it's working good on Amber update. When on Black update the phone stuck a lot and i need to perform soft reset in order to work again. I don't think that it's hardware problem because on Amber the phone works flawlessly. I have tried dead flash and that's not working either.

sini6a

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Update successfull, the phone reboots and after Nokia logo when it should come windows logo it reboots again and again. Sometimes it comes to Windows logo and again reboot.

sini6a

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
No i tried updating via OTA and everything goes well and when the update finishes it infinite reboots. Also I tried using Lumia recovery tool it completes successfull too with green light but again infinite reboot.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
No i tried updating via OTA and everything goes well and when the update finishes it infinite reboots. Also I tried using Lumia recovery tool it completes successfull too with green light but again infinite reboot.

That's what I thought. So you haven't performed "dead flash" and yet you mentioned you already tried it. Check out some videos and have some patience when performing it, should definitely work.

sini6a

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
You mean dead flash using Jtag or those kind of boxes or could you explain me little more. Thank you
EDIT: I found with Nokia software update for Retail, i think i used this once with dead flash, but i will try again and report.

Last edited:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb