Why do WhatsApp Chats show phone numbers instead of names?

struppi

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
I have WhatsApp client version 2.16.64 installed on my Lumia 535 double SIM with Windows Phone 10, version 1511. For some days now, under "Chats", the full phone numbers are shown instead of corresponding names. That makes it difficult to attribute chats to the right person. Additionally, I can't start a new chat since only four contacts (out of several dozen contacts) are listed in "Favourites".

I have heard of other persons having this issue, but so far, I did not find a solution, WhatsApp support seems to be working with computerized answers that don't make much sense...

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have WhatsApp client version 2.16.64 installed on my Lumia 535 double SIM with Windows Phone 10, version 1511. For some days now, under "Chats", the full phone numbers are shown instead of corresponding names. That makes it difficult to attribute chats to the right person. Additionally, I can't start a new chat since only four contacts (out of several dozen contacts) are listed in "Favourites".

I have heard of other persons having this issue, but so far, I did not find a solution, WhatsApp support seems to be working with computerized answers that don't make much sense...

I thought I answered this post?

Check that whatsapp is updated
In contacts section, select refresh
In general settings check that whatsapp is allowed to access contacts
Remove whatsapp and install it afresh if the above are all okay

SynthDude

May 26, 2016
Visit site
Originally posted by struppi

It works normaly for me, I have same phone as u do x.x

Nostromov

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site

Just curious, had they made WhatsApp not free after one (1) year?.. Why would anyone continue using it, when there are free alternatives (such as Viber) readily available... New versions of the software can transfer files, has a nice desktop-app and so on. :)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Just curious, had they made WhatsApp not free after one (1) year?.. Why would anyone continue using it, when there are free alternatives (such as Viber) readily available... New versions of the software can transfer files, has a nice desktop-app and so on. :)

whatsapp is free, ever since it was bought by Facebook

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb