Why does my touchscreen register my tap as double click in Windows 10?

MohdMosen

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Touchscreen registers tap as double click in windows 10

Hi, I've got my surface pro 3 last week and I have loved it so far. There is only one problem and that after using OneNote app with the stylus for a while, I notice that the touchscreen registers tabs with my fingers as right clicks instead of a regular click. Taping with stylus is registered as a regular click as expected. This problem of miss-registration starts only if I use the OneNote app but then happens every where else through windows 10 (even if I am outside OneNote). Restarting the device of course solves the problem but the problem can be recreated again by just using OneNote for a while. Have anyone of you guys experienced the same problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Vyenkatesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Touchscreen registers tap as double click in windows 10

Ohh. I was under impression that it happens only in 1520. I am living with it since 1 year. Even after replacing handset the issue is not resolved.

Hieu Nguyen6

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Sometimes, i meet the same problem. When i touch, it understand double click. I use the pen, it's normal. But, then, when i touch, it still happens. Finally I restart, it doesn't happen. I think it's not fixed completely. Hope god bless my SP3.

Clint Chapel

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
May be a shot in the dark, but I had this issue when I first got my SP. After a couple days, I realized that it was because I was holding the pen in my hand when touching the screen with my finger. I was too lazy to put the pen down I guess..... Der.

mhlavacek

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: Touchscreen registers tap as double click in windows 10

The same exact thing is happening to me! I have a Surface 3 with Windows 10. Has anyone else found a solution to this problem? I am not holding the pen when I try and touch the screen either. It's extremely frustrating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadgerBee