Why does my wifes' laptop say " printer offline " but I can print from mine?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Every time my wife tries to print something her laptop says printer offline " but my laptop connects no problem. My wifes' laptop can't even " find " the printer, which is in the same room. I have tried removing printer and now can't get it back, I have downloaded driver updates but still no joy, I have even switched everything off and then back on but still nada! I have wirlessly printed from my laptop ( older than my wifes ) so I know it's working ( the printer that is ) HELP!

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Every time my wife tries to print something her laptop says printer offline " but my laptop connects no problem. My wifes' laptop can't even " find " the printer, which is in the same room. I have tried removing printer and now can't get it back, I have downloaded driver updates but still no joy, I have even switched everything off and then back on but still nada! I have wirlessly printed from my laptop ( older than my wifes ) so I know it's working ( the printer that is ) HELP!

1) What operating system is running on your wife's laptop?
2) Have you checked the firewall settings in control panel or if you are using a third party firewall - has that been configured?
3) Have you checked the network configurator application - if you installed the printer driver from the OEM of the printer - sometimes they have network configuration tool or selector for the printer which you can use to also trouble shoot the connection.If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread.

In the event the laptop is running Windows 10, there have been some cumulative updates that have completely borked this up.

However it does not affect every PC / Laptop the same way - my desktop runs fine without issues but three laptops in my household sometimes have this issue intermittently with Windows 10 and it's exhausting.

The only solution that works for me is to reinstall the network printer driver downloaded from the printer manufacturer.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss