Why is my Outlook Mail account giving me the error - 0x801901f4?

Arlan Henry

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
UPDATE: The problem still persists with 14390. At least I was able to update to 14390

Lumia 1520 Build 14388

I'm having the most peculiar issue where I'm being constantly bombarded by push notifications alerting me that "You need to fix your Microsoft Account." This has been going on with the previous build from last Thursday (14385). It was rectified by simply clicking the message and clicking "Fix Now". Well to be more specific, the error on 14385 was telling me to Fix my Microsoft account in order to receive further insider builds.

Now with 14388:

View attachment 128490
This message bombards my notifications and clicking it takes me here.

View attachment 128491
This comes next.

View attachment 128492
When I try to fix my Microsoft account through Outlook; or any other method, I get this.​

Soon as I receive a push notification from any other app it's immediately followed by this push notification.

Soft Resets fail to remove the error. As a matter of fact, before my home screen can load, the notification is already greeting me.

Googling this error proves to be futile.

The Store, Onedrive, Feedback app cannot connect.

WhatsApp-Image-20160715 (1).jpeg

I found THE solution!!! No resetting or messing around required.

Open outlook settings on phone (the little gear symbol bottom left)
View attachment 108859
click Accounts
click Add Advanced set-up
click Exchange ActiveSync

follow this:
Server address: s.outlook.com
Domain: <leave empty>
Username: Your email address
Password: Your password
TLS/SSL encryption required: Yes

You secondary outlook account will now sync and your contacts and emails will appear! This is basically the same as the automatic setup you have been trying, but there is a bug with it! Don't forget to Thank me for it :)
^This didn't work.

I refuse to hard reset (for now) but I fear that I may not be able to receive future insider builds when they come up (Probably on Tuesday).

Anybody else still with this problem?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria