Why is my screen so bright after Windows Cyan Update 8.1?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why is my screen so bright after Windows Cyan Update 8.1

When my Nokia Lumia icon phone was running Win 8.0, my screen was nice & dim in the dark & didn't bother my eyes. After I updated my phone to 8.1, the screen is way too bright. I went into all available settings to dim my screen as much as I could. I turned on "battery saver mode" & "automatic" brightness, which used to be all I had to do in 8.0 to get a dim screen. But, even after going into the advanced settings & manually turning the brightness all the way down, my screen its still too bright! I cant even get it close to the dimness level I had access to in version 8.0! I suffer from chronic migraines, so it is imperative for me to have control over the brightness level of my screen. Is it too much to ask for them to give us a way to turn our screens up to super bright or all the way dark if needed? It seems like a pretty simple fix to me, esp for a phone that already has so much more complicated gizmos & doo-dads stuffed into it. I really want my dimming capabilities back!!!! Please help!!!!!!!!

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed this as well. I used to be able to use my phone in a theater without anyone noticing. Now my wife complains that I'm on my phone at night because the screen is so much brighter than it used to be.

I think it's a software issue that we have no control over.

Last edited:

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I had this issue when I tried the WP8.1 preview. Its probably a bug/software issue or driver issue. Soft reset may help, if not try hard reset or try reinstalling the OS. But first you have to make sure you've downloaded all the updates in the settings and in Store before you reset your phone. Dont forget to backup your files. Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium