Why isn't my Surface Pro 3 turning on?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

On Friday, I tried to turn my Surface Pro 3 on and it worked for 5 minutes and then it just shut down. I attempted to use it again and it kept doing this. I keep holding the power button and the keyboard backlight keeps flashing but my device won't show the usual Surface logo.

YurmaSter74

May 14, 2015
Visit site
I am having a similar, probably related issue. My SP3 is having serious issues recovering from hibernation mode. I try power button, Windows Screen icon, removing all connected cables and keyboard. Sometimes it works, but more and more I feel like I'm doing a hard boot to get it breathing again.

BGrewer

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
I am having a similar, probably related issue. My SP3 is having serious issues recovering from hibernation mode. I try power button, Windows Screen icon, removing all connected cables and keyboard. Sometimes it works, but more and more I feel like I'm doing a hard boot to get it breathing again.

Have tried the following:
-Hold down power button for 20 seconds
-Leave for 5 seconds to see if Surface logo shows
-If not hold down power button for 2 seconds, release for 2 seconds
-Repeat the process above until the Surface logo appears
-If the Surface logo doesn't appear after 1 minute or so i'd get in touch with Microsoft

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Had the same issue a month or so ago, took it to my local MS Store, they couldn't get it working, so they replaced it on the spot.

Hope you both get as lucky... or at least get them working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven