Why isn't the double tap to wake up my phone working properly?

Umang Sehgal1

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Double tap to wake up not working properly!!

Sometimes it works on two taps and most of the time I'm tapping it for more than two times but still there is no response. Is there any way to improve it or am I doing something wrong????

gamesticker

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Double tap to wake up not working properly!!

I'm facing the same issue. Double tap to wake is a hit or a miss. Sometimes it works in 1st try, on an average it works in 2-3 tries. But sometimes it does not wake even if I try 15-20 times. I just have to use the button.

As Denim is still an early build, I hope double tab would be improved in future software updates.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

Same here on my 1520..... Last night I tapped over 10 times.... Still didn't work... That's when I realised the phone was turned off *slaps head* lol

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Just curious, do you have the 'Live Lock Screen BETA' installed? It is known to cause a lag in resuming the Start Screen when locked or on standby, even when you don't have it set as the Lockscreen background. I've uninstalled mine for the time being and double-tap to wake and the general responsiveness of resuming the Start Screen is back to its snappy old self.

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
happened often on my 520 too, but apparently after a hard reset + no backup restore it's better. I'm not sure, but it seemed worse after Cyan

Teeeerex

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
You also have to be careful and not put a stray finger in front of the proximity sensor while doing this, because it could turn off the touch sensor alltogether.

Matjaz Erj

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Try really small touch screen and long touch 2x, and it should work. When I installed the Nilkin screen protector is better, I got 10 out of 10 experiments work.

Dileep Jami

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

Hey is this a problem with lumia denim update or what ???!!!
I recently bought lumia 730 and i am facing it .....before i have used lumia 520 it worked excellently in that can u suggest me any thing

Umang Sehgal1

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site

It happened to me while using 730 but now it works fine !!
Easy and slow touch and be careful u don't cover the sensors near to the front cam!
It works 99% for me !!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte