why should i get xb1 to complete my MS ecosystem?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
All good points. I never played PS3 and have no clue if their games are any good. But I bet Killzone on a Vita beats the living daylights out of Clash of Clans on my iPad mini for the scenarios I described...

I guess it depends on your personal needs.. Are there suitable PC games that you would want to stream? Are some of the PS4 titles must haves for you? How about budget? Getting a PS4, Vita and games is gonna be pretty expensive if it's just for "playing some games in the bed". I'm not too familiar with the Shield, but I figure that at least console games would translate a bit better on a handheld console than games intended to be played with KB/mouse (so a point for Vita there). Do you have a capable gaming PC? Games you probably have on it, so the Shield might be a cheaper thing to achieve what you want.

If as an actual console you are more interested in the Xbox One, it's hard to recommend that you'd get PS4 and Vita just for playing in the bed now and then :p

TeknoBlast

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
As an owner of both the PS4 and XB1, I suggest the XB1. The exclusives on the XB1 are way better on the XB1 than on the PS4 any day. However, there are a handful of Sony exclusives I'm planning to buy.

The whole system and UI of the PS4 just bores me. Yeah it's better than the PS3 UI, but there's nothing that really wows me.

Plus, all that supposed PS4 power for tons of indie games that can be played on any tablet, what's the point of that supposed power which a phone or tablet can handle.

I say go with the XB1.

urik770

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
As an owner of both the PS4 and XB1, I suggest the XB1. The exclusives on the XB1 are way better on the XB1 than on the PS4 any day. However, there are a handful of Sony exclusives I'm planning to buy.

The whole system and UI of the PS4 just bores me. Yeah it's better than the PS3 UI, but there's nothing that really wows me.

Plus, all that supposed PS4 power for tons of indie games that can be played on any tablet, what's the point of that supposed power which a phone or tablet can handle.

I say go with the XB1.

That's a pretty convincing post. It certainly seems like I would get more out of the XB1 in the long run. The only thing that would be left unsatisfied are those occasional moments when I will want to play in my bedroom. I know that it's outside the scope of this thread, but does anyone know of a way to do thin client gaming on a PC? I'm still dreaming of using my laptop to remote play from my gaming desktop...

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
That's a pretty convincing post. It certainly seems like I would get more out of the XB1 in the long run. The only thing that would be left unsatisfied are those occasional moments when I will want to play in my bedroom. I know that it's outside the scope of this thread, but does anyone know of a way to do thin client gaming on a PC? I'm still dreaming of using my laptop to remote play from my gaming desktop...

Steam's go in-home streaming built in now. I didn't look into setting it up, but if you go to their forums, it's not tough, I imagine. If you're talking non-Steam gaming, you could get a free application like Splashtop and do it, probably.

urik770

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Steam's go in-home streaming built in now. I didn't look into setting it up, but if you go to their forums, it's not tough, I imagine. If you're talking non-Steam gaming, you could get a free application like Splashtop and do it, probably.

You know this forum thread has been very helpful. If I get this Steam remote play working (stay tuned...), then I won't need to consider the PS4/Vita or NVIDIA Shield. I can go ahead and get the XB1 to play Titanfall with my brother and play games on my 16" laptop while in bed, which should beat playing on that tiny PS Vita/NVIDIA Shield screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos