• Not as good as it should be

Votes: 40 51.9%
  • As good as it should be

Votes: 37 48.1%

• Total voters

Kdawg1989

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I have not had any issues with my WiFi I would try doing a reset on your phone it solved several strange problems I was having with my device. If you do decide to do a reset try and add apps and other configuration changes a little at a time so you can tell if maybe it is something you are adding that it doesn't like.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

mo79uk

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
The WiFi and Data running at the same time cause the Titian WiFi to not work very well if at all. As soon as I shutdown the data connection the WiFi is just fine. It's as if the route out can't find the way back. If there is no WiFi single and I have both turned on then the data signal works just fine. Connect to a WiFi single and everything slows or completely stops. Tune of the Data and WiFi runs just fine.

I have the exact same problem and no other issue. WiFi range is a bit weak though, in that I can't find neighbourhood networks that my computers can, but it connects to anything in decent range.

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I do not have experience with 4G, because we mainly use 3G in Europa. My HTC Titan is working fine. Although I recently did an update for the phone, I did not notice a difference in performance. I do notice that WiFi is sometimes buggy when using wifi connection for a while. After a restart or a reboot of the WiFi all is well again. I can live with that. I think the reason for this is the fact that the unibody is the antenna. Its signal is connected through pins in de corners of the phone. The risk of this construction is that the signal connection could sometimes be lost to less contact of the pins with the body. I picked up this explanation from a YouTube video by Steve Litchfield.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else have an issue with wifi taking a while to connect? On my Focus wifi connects the second I hit the power button. It varies on my Titan. Sometimes it's instant. Other times it takes like 5-10 seconds.

Yes, sometimes it seems like it was already on, sometimes it has to reconnect, sometimes it doesn't reconnect at all. I think this is a Titan issue.

guizzy

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Wifi on my Titan has been terrible. Range is bad, and I get the bug where I need to disconnect it from wifi to get my internet connection.

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I get a lot of page not found issues too and my Titan will drop off my Microcell then reconnect shortly after ALL THE DAMN TIME.

I'm in the process of trying to cancel my order without paying the restocking fee. AT&T is giving me a lot of grief over this..

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
My issue is not with speed or range but with it disconnecting and reconnecting on its own. Ill be at home and i will look at my wifi signal meter and it will be disconnected and sometimes i will have to go into my wifi settings to manually reconnect!! almost like it goes into sleep mode...wifi should stay connected and be the preferred connection at all times and never disconnect unless i do it. It should only use 3g/4g if there is no wifi and if there is wifi stay connected and use it .

SloRideBob

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
So far (2days) I have had pretty good success with my Titan. It will connect to my router around 100 feet away and stay rock solid. I'm interested in trying out a microcell as my AT&T coverage out here in the sticks sucks bad. It also is bad for an iPhone 4, 4S, and 3Gs (on AT&T). Verizon phones get about the same coverage at my home, but are quicker to pick up a signal heading towards town.

mberdych

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
wifi speed

I live in europe and I have a problem with wifi. It is working ok, including signal quality, but after a while, data suddenly stop. I am connected, but can't get anywhere. Reconnection to AP solve the problem. I have found a workaround, I have switch my AP (Apple time capsule) to G only, so disabling N speed. Since then, everything rock solid. I guess not really a solution, but it can help to someone as well ( for me G only currently no problem) and I guess it is only software problem with N network standard. Funny thing is, that I have similar problem with N networks on Linux laptop in the past :)

Budroid

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I've done quite a bit of testing on my Titan with WiFi and "4g" and noticed that if I have my Bluetooth turned on the speeds are much lower and very erratic (fast for a second and then no data for a long time). Some of my tests with Bandwidth took over 300 seconds. But with the Bluetooth off, the speeds were higher and pretty smooth. I've also found that setting my router to N only made a big difference in speed tests.

However, even with "4g" connectivity and the Bluetooth off, my phone cannot stream Netflix for more than 30 seconds without freezing and never continuing. My friends iPhone 4s works fine with Netflix and so does my old iPhone 3g. Netflix on the Titan only works over WiFi for me.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

dbgman

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
The Wifi sometimes will either take a long time to connect or I have to go into the wireless settings and tap on the wireless network to connect. Other than that it seems to be okay on the signal.

The cell reception sucks. My wife has an LG Quantum and she gets reception in the house where mine is dead. My old Samsumg Focus was also better. I think it has something to do with the metal back cover.

The antennas are mounted in the back cover. Maybe someone could make an aftermarket cover that gets better reception!

ryansstuff

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Well the wifi on mine all over the place, at home it connects but then acts like there no internet and wont do anythign not even searches. Then when i get to a BT homehub, it never connects to it. I have given up on the wifi tbh.

lfjj

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
My wifi loses connection all the time even if the screen is on. I gotta go into wifi settings and it just finds the network again and connects to it, a very annoying issue. No cellular data is on so that isn't the problem.

eserrano250

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
so are there any solutions to the WiFi constantly losing signal and reconnecting? This is a very annoying bug, especially when I'm an area with no signal and WiFi is required

FuriousGeorge984

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I've been having the same issues as everyone else here - frequently weak signal, frequently dropped WiFi connections, frequent "the phone cannot connect to the network [____]".

Also, like someone else, I have only been having this problem on campus at my school - never at home. Very annoying, very weird.

jonsmith89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've only recently experienced this bug, after force updating to 8107. I don't know it they're connected, but I never noticed problems before. I only notice it when i go out onto my balcony or in the back of my apartment. My router is in the center of my apt and its less than 30ft either way. Very annoying. The phone sees my network just doesn't connect.

CESantos

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My problems are like most people's. I may often (not all the time) have trouple connecting to my home router from 20' away. If I go into setting and tap on the connection, it usually connects.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria