Votes: 40 51.9%
  • As good as it should be

Votes: 37 48.1%

• Total voters

Pocket PC

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
HTC Titan II Wifi problems

I'm on my second HTC TItan II (First one overheated trying to render a very busy web page and bricked permanently) However that first one did not seem to have any Wifi issues.

This second Titan II was working fine for a couple weeks, but has recently been plagued with Wifi connectivity issues. I see these same issues at home and at work so it's not just one Wifi device and at home I'm usually 10-30 feet from my Wifi modem.

- I get a lot of 'unable to connect to page' in IE and it becomes very slow to load data over Wifi. The m.wpcentral page will take 30 seconds+, it it loads at all. Weather data doesn't load. social data does not load. If I toggle Wifi off and on, then everything loads instantly

- I understand that wifi goes to sleep when the phone is off, but sometimes it won't come back on at all until I toggle wifi off and on.

- sometimes the data connection just drops alogether while in use and I have to toggle Wifi off/on.

- Upload speeds over Wifi are painfully slow when it is working. We are talking .38 to .46 Mbps. Welcome to crappy DSL speeds! Upload speed is very slow even when download speeds are 10-15 Mbps.

- I get a lot of 'message failed' when trying to send a photo via messaging over Wifi. They work instantly over GSM if I toggle Wifi off.

This really sours the Windows Phone experience. I'll try to exchange it for another unit, but what a pain! This sounds very similar to the Nokia Wifi problems. I hope HTC steps up and provides a fix.

I should also point out that my Original Samsung Focus never had any of these issues - EVER. the old samsung is faster than this new TItan II. HOw can that be? I still have the old Focus and it stil works on Wifi when the htcx TItan drops the connection so I know it's not a problem with my Wifi.

Really disappointed with HTC in this respect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria