Will a complete factory reset work now or brick it?

randomscandinavian

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
There were several discussions here and there earlier about how a factory reset bricked some peoples' Surface Pro 2s. But I haven't seen anything like that recently. I'm thinking about getting rid of mine and would like a factory reset before I hand it over to someone. But can it be done safely now?

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Done it 2 times. No issue on 2 Surface Pro's 2 which I had to return.
I think those that ended up with bricked system, had a hardware issue, which made their Surface Pro 2 not work properly in the first place. (for example: faulty SSD chip, or faulty RAM).

It reminds me, when sometimes a new version of Windows comes out, and on computer enthusiast forum, some people report that their hardware is broken, and blames Windows. When in fact, they had a faulty hardware all a long, just lucky enough to not make it visible or encounter it. Windows can't break your hardware... it control them using a set of standards define, or with the use of drivers, whether be embedded or not in the OS.

randomscandinavian

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
OK thanks. :)

In the hours after making that post I managed to put my knee on my girlfriend's Android tablet (which was lying in bed under the covers in the dark when I went to close the window), so maybe now I will give her my SP2.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
LOL if my girlfriend had a android I would have accidentally done the same
Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium