Will the Nokia 928 eventually get WIndows Phone 8.1 update?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh come on, hop. It's much more complicated than that. Everyone here is perfectly justified in putting so much thought and speculation into this. I'll explain below in both short and long response forms.

Short answer: Yes.
Long answer: Yes, the Nokia Lumia 928 will receive the WP8.1 update when it is released.

LOL!

Justified - no. Allowed, yes. :wink:

Jim Hayward

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Everything I have read is that Verizon will NOT provide the 928 with 8.1. I have a Nokia 928 and was promised 8.1 by the end of 2013. To this day, 25 Oct 14, no 8.1.
Verizon essentially doesn't do updates. They stopped updating my HTC Incredible 2 months before the end of the 2 year contract. My Incredible would no longer do text messaging. Verizon blamed it on HTC. Verizon was very willing to start another 2 year contract with a new phone. I picked out the HTC Rezound. Two months before the end of that 2 year contract, my HTC Rezound stopped accepting text messages. Verizon blamed the issue on HTC. Since then I have had a Verizon store representative tell me, that it wasn't HTC that stopped making updates, it was Verizon.

If I were you, I would run from the Nokia 928 AND Verizon. It takes good pictures but the rest of it may or may not be hampered by 8.0 who knows? But for sure, it's not a good phone the way it is. You can't talk and text at the same time, for example. Talk and check an app for the weather, for another example. Apps are being coded for 8.1; 8.0 and 8.1 have app compatibility issues. Windows 8.0 was NEVER ready for prime time.

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Everything I have read is that Verizon will NOT provide the 928 with 8.1. I have a Nokia 928 and was promised 8.1 by the end of 2013. To this day, 25 Oct 14, no 8.1.

Huh? I thought WP 8.1 was announced April 14 2014? Not quite sure how Verizon promises you an update that hadn't been announced at the time!

hagjohn

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
It's an old thread but... You could never get voice and data at the same time on Verizon on any phone. I think they just updated their network in Sept of this year to make it work now.