Win a Lumia 950 XL from Windows Central!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasreen Hakim

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I really need to win Microsoft Lumia 950 XL because I want to give it to my mother as a present for her incoming birthday. I am sure she would be extremely happy with it. :)

samhoi

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
I want it because I love the camera of the 950 XL.
I will have a internship in coming June in Shanghai China. I hop I can take photos by using it.
In this journey, there are other classmates. One of them is my crush. I hope I can take photo with her.
Just like the lyrics from 'Photograph' of Ed sheeran

We keep this love in a photograph
We made these memories for ourselves

Deodhar Kanungo

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
First of all thank you so much for keep updating us about windows world and for this opportunity as well. As a proud windows phone user, I will avail this opportunity to win a Windows phone 950xl. I want to mention that I never forget to check out your app before going to bed. It keeps me very much updated about windows world. Thanks once again. Now let's come to the point.
I will answer your questions in two parts.

1-Why I want this device?

There is a short story of my relationship with windows and why I want this device, so I'd like to share it wid you.
You will find some grammatical errors in my explanation and I apologized for that and I hope you read this.

Back in 2012-13, I was going to purchase my first smartphone, that time I don't know much about windows phone. I was waiting for Sony Xperia Z-3 to launch in India. When it has launched in India I went to take the demonstration of the device and its failed to impress me in camera quality and my first priority is always camera quality in mobile phones, therefore, I change my mind and searching for another phone which has a better camera.When I came out from Sony center, I saw a lady who is demonstrating an NOKIA LUMIA 920 to a customer.
When I looked at the device it attracts me a lot in terms of design 'coz it has very eye catchy designs than other phones and it was looking premium in hands and we all know that Nokia (now Microsoft ) stand alone in a crowd when it comes to design.Then I entered to Nokia Store and asked for a demo, First time when I took Lumia 920 in my hand, honestly speaking I fell in love with the device, When I saw Its UI that blew my mind.According to me, Windows UI is the truly Smartphone UI 'coz icons had become very old fashioned now. Nowadays Icons look more polished with animation effects but there is nothing revolutionary in them, but when I saw Windows phone UI, it stuck in my mind 'coz it looks far better than other ordinary UI's and more advanced than others. And Then When I started using the device, it's buttery smooth touch, smooth performance everything captured my mind and heart as well.In a couple of seconds, I decided that I'm going to buy this device at any cost.After immensely impressed by the performance of the device now its time for my priority check - Camera performance.
When I saw its Camera quality one thing is becoming very clear in my mind, this is it what I was searching for. The first thing I saw in Camera performance is that the phone takes good quality images in daylight and the high point of the Lumia camera is the ability to take great pictures in low-light conditions.
Now I came to the home and searched more about Windows phone and that is how I have come across to your website ( WPCENTRAL ) which helps me to know more about windows phone. While I was searching more about WP, I came to know that Lumia 928 is going to launch in couple of months then I searched about Lumia 928 and when I saw it I loved its design so I decided to wait for this device to launch in India but when it was launched,it was only for the U.S.A and this news broke my heart. But soon LUMIA 925 and 1520 Launched in India and after almost a year of waiting I got my first and best-looking windows phone LUMIA 925 and this phone was gifted by my grandmother and I've been using this phone since Jan 2014 until now, never regretted to buying it.
Now, Microsoft has launched Lumia 950,950xl with the latest liquid cooling technology and with the killer feature "continuum" which converts your mobile into Mini computer. Iris recognition which doubles the security of the device and I must say Windows always future ready with its devices the latest flagships are an example of it.
OIS, OFFLINE MAPS, Glance Screen, Living Images and the latest liquid cooling, Iris scanner, continuum technologies are some examples of innovation which windows brought in our life before android and Ios.
That's why I want this device for me as it is packed with Microsoft latest technology and I want to use new Innovation of Microsoft and continue with windows as long as I can and this device is a great opportunity for me to continue with windows.

2-what I would do with the device?

Nowadays smartphones would be much more useful if they allowed us to multitask and we all know that windows Os come first in lag free multi-tasking. Windows phones perform multitask without any performances lag even with low configuration device's. So I will do multitask on my Lumia 950xl without any performances issues.

I'm studying right now and I have to prepare a presentation on a weekly basis. This phone will help me to make my presentation easily 'coz it has an office app access with the big and gorgeous screen. Its continuum feature will end my need to carry a bulky laptop always wid me.

I often do the online transaction and for online transaction security is a must. I remember once Kaspersky CEO said "Microsoft is 10 years ahead in security than Apple and Android" so I want to feel secure while doing online transactions. Therefore, I will do online transactions on my Lumia 950xl without any security issues.

Last but not the least, one of the best thing I will do with this device is, I will capture my crazy, joy full, adventurous moments of life with its powerful camera.

At Here, I am ending my explanation of why I want this device? and what'd I do with it?

Thank you once again for giving this opportunity to show my love about Windows phone.

Best of luck to others !!! :smile::smile::smile:

Last edited:

MrCorvis

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
I would like to win the Lumia 950 XL as it would be a great bday gift for myself. February 22!! Also, it would be my work phone for when I graduate from law school in May.

Jeffwhofch

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
It'd save me some money and let me try out the windows side of things (which I've been wanting to do but don't want to experiment at the cost the devices are at). My note 4's camera is pretty much dead so need a new phone. Also, I'd actually find the iris scanner useful...

Edu77

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I really love Windows phone line, I already have a Lumia 630. The lumia 950 xl would just be amazing to have. It would replace my old Lumia. Also I need a phone with better camera and LTE enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasha963