Windows 10 Home unresponsive on Surface Go after sleeping

coffee-turtle

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
After Surface Go is sleeping for awhile (an hour or more), when I wake it up and log back in, Windows in unresponsive for several minutes.

Tapping anywhere on the screen the mouse may react, Start Menu looks like it wants to pop-up, but nothing and sometimes turns white near the logo, sliding out the notifications is hit or miss.

After waiting a couple of minutes, everything is fine again.

This has been a mystery for several months and I can't seem to narrow anything down.

(I'm surprised that "Microsoft Surface Go" isn't a Category for this section).

Help please.

coffee-turtle

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
This suggestion worked for me:

Fix common Surface problems using the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ace-problems-using-surface-diagnostic-toolkit

Do one of the following to download the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit:
For Surface Pro X: Download the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit for Surface Pro X running Windows 10 Home or Pro.
For all other Surface devices, download the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit that matches your version of Windows:
Download the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit for Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro and in the file download dialog box, find the SurfaceDiagnosticToolkit_SA.exe file.
Download the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit for Windows 10 in S mode.

Here was another suggestion I found, but didn't have to use it since the first worked fine, and probably will correct other issues too.

suggest you try switching off hybrid sleep and see if that helps.

Press Windows key + R, to open Run dialog box.

Type control powercfg.cpl,,3 and click on OK.

Now, select the active power plan from the drop down.

Expand Sleep, and expand Allow hybrid sleep and select OFF.

Click on OK.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
What apps are running in the background? It may be that something simply doesn't like it when the device sleeps and fails to wake up properly, thus causing your system to hang after waking up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos